PDA

View Full Version : ISO Speed Pro string tension -- 10% lower or higher?

Shangri La
10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Now that TW is the North American distributor for ISOSPEED strings and new strings are ready for order, can you confirm if current ISO-Speed Pro strings in stock are supposed to be strung lower or higher? http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=161901

Thanks.

skraggle
10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
You string Iso six pounds over desired tension and then let it "fix" over the next 24 hours...

ericsson
10-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Very strange string, it offers a lot of power so one should think string way tighter which i've done would be better, guess what! it gave me even more power :confused:
balls fly long...
so no more iso pro for me, way too powerful, i like low power strings.

Pro_Tour_630
10-16-2007, 08:48 AM
who knows, it is a mystery

Shangri La
10-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I want to try the well known string setup with my purchase of new racquet from TW. Therefore I wont be able to see the stringing instruction on the package and would like a word from the official distributor. Plus or minus 10% is a big difference. If indeed new strings in stock are supposed to be strung looser, can TW please update the product description. Thanks.

TW Staff
10-16-2007, 09:00 AM
The Professional Classic is recommended to be pre-stretched and the tension adjusted about 10%. The new Professional does not require a pre-stretch or tesnsion adjustment as it features pre-stretched filaments inside the string.

So pre-stretch Professional Classic and adjust the tension 10%.
String the new Professional at your regular tension and don't pre-stretch.

The above also applies to Control Classic and the new Control.

Chris, TW

Shangri La
10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the reply, Chris.

So TW has both new and classic Professional strings in stock and I just need to ask when placing order so I can adjust tension accordingly?

Thanks again.

Shangri La
10-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Just wanted to know which Pro (new or classic) I will get if I order now so I can use the right tension...

TW Staff
10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
ISOSPEED Professional 17 String 10.99
Info at: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=ISOP17

This is the new Professional. The Classic is also in stock but waiting to be imaged. It can also be ordered, just inform our service rep that it is invisible.

The price on the classic is $9.99

Chris, TW

NoBadMojo
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Old professional = polyolefin
New professional = polypropylene

Old professional = string 10% tighter no prestretch
New professional = string 10-15% lower - prestretch unknown

Looks as thought TW updated their website with the new packaging, but didnt change the description.

I think this is what people wish for clarification on......the description of the new isospeed pro string matches that of the old string

Shangri La
10-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Yes NoBadMojo, thats where the confusion comes...

Thanks Chris! So I can tell which version it is from the price. Now its clear :)

bagung
10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
just wondering,
will the old professional with 10% tighter plays similar to new professional with 10% lower........?

skraggle
10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
So new Iso Control/Pro are just regular polys now?

Me sad.

bagung
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
is the professional classic going to be discontinue..........?

cys19
10-17-2007, 07:09 AM
The Professional Classic is recommended to be pre-stretched and the tension adjusted about 10%. The new Professional does not require a pre-stretch or tesnsion adjustment as it features pre-stretched filaments inside the string.

So pre-stretch Professional Classic and adjust the tension 10%.
String the new Professional at your regular tension and don't pre-stretch.

The above also applies to Control Classic and the new Control.

Chris, TW

According to the Control Classic page on TW:
Note: Iso-Speed string is pre-stretched. However, due to the string's unique properties, the manufacturer recommends that stringers increase tension by 10% and wax the mains before installing cross strings.

Is this wrong?