PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RD-80

derekwu77
02-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Just wanted to hear what some of your thoughts about the RD-80 from Yonex are. If you've tried it along with a LiquidMetal Radical, which do you think is better (powerwise/control-wise).

louis netman
02-24-2004, 12:29 AM
not intending to be derogatory............what a fu#&*ng peice of junk. No pop. no feel. what a lightweight peice of fu$@#ng sh&%...
Who designs this stuff??????????
To Yonex: please let's get together and do something respectable please email: michaelm101@cs.com

Thunnus
02-24-2004, 06:31 AM
Actually, it is a pretty nice racket. It is not as solid as other players frames but it may be taken care of with some lead work. It does have a dampened feel which is good for controlling volleys, but combined with lower pop your ball my land short if you don't have really fast swing. For some reason, it feels like it is about 26" long or shorter in my hand. I have used other Yonex rackets but I don't recall them being like that. It takes a few strokes to get used to the racket. It is easy to control the serve but it lacks a bit of pop. It is relatively easy to generate spin with this racket.

Overall, it is a pretty good racket but I think there are better players frames out there.

@wright
02-24-2004, 06:58 AM
It hits pretty decent, but I do find it light and a littile tinny. Some lead might take care of that though. I like the overall dampened feel.