PDA

View Full Version : Bad for the frame to string past its range if....

Bama'sBest
03-18-2004, 06:06 PM
....I'm losing tension during the stringing process?

Is it bad to do this? Say I like my racket strung at its max tension (60#) but I'm losing 7-10 pounds due to my klippermate clamps; is it bad for the frame to string it at 67#, knowing that the clamp slippage/twisting will lower the tension?

I don't want to hurt my frame...pls help.

Eug
03-18-2004, 07:17 PM
If you know for sure that your losing 7 pounds during the stringing process then everything seems fine to me. 67 is just a number, its the true amount of tension your pulling is what matters.

Eug

Bama'sBest
03-19-2004, 03:15 AM
But the machine is really pulling at 67# at first until the clamps allow for slippage (after the drop weight arm is lifted); are these few seconds of actual 67# pull (when drop weight is down) damaging the frame?

Eug
03-19-2004, 04:05 AM
I thought about it for a second and realized.......if your pulling tension and its 67 pounds.....you then clamp off the string. When you clamp off, your racquet is not feeling that 67 pounds until you release that clamp. So if that clamp lets the string slip a bit and u lose tension, then you are good. It all depends on when and how fast your losing tension.

PFurlong
03-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Those clamps shouldn't be slipping. They can be adjusted so they won't. Cleaning them or roughing them up can give you a better grip on the string. They will crush they string before they give.