PDA

View Full Version : Leopard D-stroyer, Best Tension Maintenance They Claim....

Hooooon
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Any truth to this? Seems very few have heard of it, never mind hit with it. Leopard Plus Control appears to have been around for 2+ years and was a good option before the ALUs, Pro Supex BA & BG, WC Silverstring...
http://www.leopardtennisstrings.com.au/subpage1.html
About me: I played D-1 NCAA tennis in California from 2001-2005 and somehow managed to play those years with Gosen Polylon 15L, no blend. I took 2006 off and began playing competitively again 3-4 months ago. I recently tried ALU 16L Power Rough and liked it, but would prefer to sacrifice some of it's power (still want something that is powerful for a poly) for feel. I also expect the ALU Rough is not very durable (Polylon lasted me 7-8 hours, Gamma SynGut+ Wearguard 16G 4-5 hours w/string savers).
Ultimately, if I were to use the beastly green product I'd use string savers since it only comes in a 17g. If I can justify it I'd like to though, as my ncode would look like a xmas tree and surely **** off pompous SoCal ******bag opponents. I'd also appreciate any suggestions for a serve-and-volleyer (picture a lesser version of Stepanek with a bigger forehand) on any Pro Supex, WeissCannon or other good poly options @$100/reel.

PS. Leopard seems fairly generous with half-sponsorship ($85 US/reel for D-stroyer).

Thanks all.

LafayetteHitter
10-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Not sure about these green strings lately. TW posted the Iso-speed stuff and there are some Iso-speed now in a similar color. Would probably look good as a hybrid in a POG or an all black frame.

Hooooon
10-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I think an ugly combo is a good thing. I play to win, not match my visor with my strings.

PROTENNIS63
10-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Just for your info, Plus Control is the same as Premier Ace.

LafayetteHitter
10-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Weisscannon Scorpion 16 has been a great performer for me that holds tension well. These poly strings are just so subjective though.

Hooooon
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Just for your info, Plus Control is the same as Premier Ace.

Thanks for the info. Does that indicate D-stroyer=Big Ace?

PROTENNIS63
10-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info. Does that indicate D-stroyer=Big Ace?

No. D-Stroyer is just another string they rebrand and price it 2-3 times more.

Hooooon
10-16-2007, 05:01 PM
No. D-Stroyer is just another string they rebrand and price it 2-3 times more.

Thanks again, Big Ace is definitely top of the list now.