PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to get this re-strung?

jungmc
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Kind of hard to explain this in words - normally the mains interweave with the crosses. My stringer has the main going across 2 cross strings, as opposed to the usual 1 in intersection (by accident). It's in the upper third of my racket, pretty much near the center line of the racket. The string is Hurricane Pro Tour. I've never used this string, but I'm getting a lot of vibration when I hit the ball - is this due to this 1 error, and does this render it unplayable?

jmverdugo
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
IMO you are in your rigth to take the racket back to the stringer, however i dont think a miswaved cross would afect playability.

Quattro
10-16-2007, 02:34 PM
It should be restrung at their expense. Totally unacceptable, and how they react to the news will be a good litmus test for their business ethic.

If I were to do a job for a customer and not catch the misweave, and then find out about it from them later, I'd offer to restring that job for them and maybe even offer free labor on the next job after that.

I take pride in my work and to not catch a misweave during the job (hey it happens occasionally), much less after it's completed and before it's handed to the customer would be seriously embarrassing.

LPShanet
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
It should be restrung at their expense. Totally unacceptable, and how they react to the news will be a good litmus test for their business ethic.

If I were to do a job for a customer and not catch the misweave, and then find out about it from them later, I'd offer to restring that job for them and maybe even offer free labor on the next job after that.

I take pride in my work and to not catch a misweave during the job (hey it happens occasionally), much less after it's completed and before it's handed to the customer would be seriously embarrassing.

I completely agree. It may or may not actually affect playability, but it is definitely an outright error, and can void your warranty. They need to restring at no cost or you should take your business elsewhere. A misweave like that is a sign of either rushed or crappy stringing, neither of which are good. I know many stringers who have done thousands of racquets over dozens of years and NEVER once had a single misweave.

Steve Huff
10-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I agree too. It may contribute to the vibration you feel, and definitely, the strings will move more in that area. This could cause it to break sooner, and also feel similar to breaking a string if you hit right on the area of the misweave.