PDA

View Full Version : leaving equipment in car

abenguyen
10-16-2007, 05:41 PM
so now that i have a car and a driver' license, i'd like to leave my tennis equipment in the car for whenever i go. i'm afraid things might happen to the strings etc. but i will always park it in the garage and its getting cool nowadays. any thoughts on whether i should keep it in the car or not?

tenniskid3119
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
do you have a thermo bag??

cujays
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
once i put my stuff in the car and the next time i played it i was cold
it felt different
so i recommemd that you dont put it in the car

raiden031
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Last year I left my bag in the car for most of the winter season. I had three racquets in there and used just one most of the time. Anyways the two that I barely used, after finally using them the strings broke within 1 or 2 playing sessions, which is awfully rare for me. I use synthetic gut, so I think the cold probably makes the strings brittle. I'm not sure it would have the same effect on other types of strings though.

abenguyen
10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
do you have a thermo bag??

i think so
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageBGHEAD-TT06B9.html
theres one pocket with "CCT"-climate control technology- where i keep my racquets. the other pockets are for phone,wallet, balls, grips, shoes

vkartikv
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
No matter what, don't leave it in there.

max
10-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Abe, that's not such a good idea, unless you want to have an old beater frame (think "aluminum") to putz around with, and not expect much from.

In heat, your strings would get very strange very quickly.

rasajadad
10-17-2007, 09:42 AM
When I play at lunch, I usually stick my bag in the trunk before work. But I park in a covered garage that doesn't get as cool or hot as the outdoor ambient temperature.

-Kap-
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I agree with everyone above. You'll be subjecting your racquet(s) to constant, unnecessary fluctuations in temperature and humidity. You'll probably shorten the string's life dramatically, and although the impact will be much less obvious on the frame, that expansion and contraction (not matter how minute) can't be a good thing.

abenguyen
10-17-2007, 02:38 PM
understood, the bag and equipment stays in the house until i go somewhere