PDA

View Full Version : playing like crap lately

FEDEX1
10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
The past week i would say i am playing like a piece of crap. I cant hit my forehand at all. my backhand isnt good. volleys suck. my serve is probably the only problem. My only question is not how to get my strokes back but if anyone has gone threw this problem how did you deal with it? and also how long were you playing like this?

Solat
10-16-2007, 10:45 PM
well as a perfectionist i have been playing crap for oooh 20 years?

haha

my only tip is get on the PRACTICE court and RELAX and make is as light hearted as possible. The harder you try the tighter you get, the more anxious, the more frustrated when it doesnt work

love the game...

jman
10-17-2007, 02:33 AM
well as a perfectionist i have been playing crap for oooh 20 years?

haha

my only tip is get on the PRACTICE court and RELAX and make is as light hearted as possible. The harder you try the tighter you get, the more anxious, the more frustrated when it doesnt work

love the game...

Good advice, also remember that REST from the game is important too. I've had periods where i've gone through similar situations. Having a break can re-energize you, which is good both physically and mentally.

brownyazn
10-17-2007, 08:49 AM
were you playing much better before this last week
or did you take a little time off
for me
even a couple days off screws me up

FEDEX1
10-18-2007, 11:27 AM
uhhhhh well over the summer i played like 5 times a week then once school started i have only played like to maybe 3 times a week. but i wouldnt think that would screw me up

BlahDow
10-18-2007, 12:29 PM
yep know how you feel about playing crappy..although i'm almost always crappy..just trying to improve all the time..i played some guy for my ELEMENTARY tennis class..i was angered about losing -_-..i was up 3-1..lost 6-4..we only play one set since it's all we have time for

downdaline
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
When i first picked up tennis, i played every day, and i really got my strokes down. Then the rainy season came and i stopped playing for about 2 weeks. When i hit the courts after that, i played like crap. Exactly like what you said.

I think the first thing u have to remember is the basics of each shot, basic stroke technique, follow-through, positioning. Start from the basics. Warm up with ur hitting partner slowly. Dont expect to be hitting winners off the bat. If u hit a lousy shot, ask urself, why did u hit it like crap? Was it bcos u were slow on the swing, bad footwork, didnt keep ur eye on the ball ?? etc etc...

It took me abt 1.5 hours of this kind of practice to get back into it. Then it was smooth from there on.