PDA

View Full Version : Talk about hitting the sweetspot!

brentcorrigan07
10-17-2007, 01:58 AM
I wonder if any tennis players here can hit the sweetspot as perfectly and as much as these two:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16137859

rasajadad
10-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Pretty impressive.

circusmouse
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
That's digitally altered. It's part of a commercial, like that clip of Roddick pounding the ball into a clay court.

Teh_pwnerer
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
That's digitally altered. It's part of a commercial, like that clip of Roddick pounding the ball into a clay court.

100% Agreed

Gee Willikers Batman!
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
The Roddick clay court ace is real.

Powerade USED it as a commercial..
but it is REAL.

Jonnyf
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM

but it is REAL.

It's not, unless the balls going at over 500mph (or something like that) It's physically impossible to dislodge that much clay and bury a tennis ball that deep, especially since the hole where the ball is lodged looks nothing like it should if it was hit with the velocity/swing path of a ball off a serve

SalvadorVeiga
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM

but it is REAL.

no it's NOT real ! it's impossible... for a ball to get stuck on clay then the court should have like what 4 inches of clay ? that's not what happens... under the clay surface it's just cement or some other hard surface... but nothing that would allow the ball to come in deep as in the video... and because powerade just have said it's fake... there's also a powerade commercial of LeBron James making Free Throws from one end of the basket court and i thought right from the start it was impossible it's been said it was digitally altered...as well from powerade the guy surfing a wave during a hurricane... digitally altered...as a surfer myself no wave could be that perfect or with that shape during a hurricane with those kind of wind gusts...whenever I want to surf if even there's a slight breeze it may affect the waves so bad that surfing is impossible...winds as low as 10 mph can ruin a surf session...

besides I don't see roddick going to a tournament where there are barely no sponsors...the chairs are those simple gardening chairs.... it looks too simple

Slazenger
10-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I wonder if any tennis players here can hit the sweetspot as perfectly and as much as these two:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16137859

LOL this is so fake

jasoncho92
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
A baseball that dips down right away at that speed. Right...

JKN666
10-18-2007, 06:23 AM
how naive are you for actually believeing that?

JKN

georgeyew
10-18-2007, 06:27 AM
I agree that it looks a little fishy. They look like they were taking full swings, so the ball would not be dipping so quickly (it's hard to topspin a ball with a bat).

But if it were real, they have my respect.

Seifersquall1
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice video.

kaibaNYC06
10-25-2007, 12:18 AM
how naive are you for actually believeing that?

JKN

Yea..i'm not soo sure that's even possible.
Still yet, it looked pretty awesome =D!!!!!!

CAM178
10-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Holy cow. . . you really thought this was real? With baseballs? Wow. Just. . . . just wow.

brownie808
10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
it was a commercial that was airing during the little league world series i think, and the us open was at that time too.

correct me if im wrong.

btw, the video cants be real, full swings with a baseball bat producing that much top spin and keeping it in the court is nearly impossible

metamike
10-25-2007, 06:19 PM
I love how some people don't even bother to read the previous comments and go "wow, so real".

Also, whoever actually thinks that Roddick can lodge a tennis ball into a clay court, why don't you explain to the forum the requirements needed for such a feet. By that I mean texture of clay, speed of ball, the works...Well? Go ahead.

NLBwell
10-27-2007, 10:45 PM
pretty funny video.

Andres
10-28-2007, 04:13 AM

but it is REAL.
No, it's not. And I actually have my doubts that's even the real Roddick. The real one swings so much faster and the motion isn't quite there. If it's an impersonator, it's a damn good one, tho.