PDA

View Full Version : Women's tennis is terrible without

barry
11-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Clister and Hennin. Watching Mauresmo choke against Serena tells alot about Women's tennis. Must be 50 unforced errors, and I know Mauresmo has had a least 20 beak points.

Very poor quality, home the Mens this week is better.

jjames
11-14-2004, 01:47 PM
real question is who is the biggest choke in the top 10. cljisters,dementieva, or mauresmo. hopefully sharpova plays well. gotta admit the womens game really stinks. too many errors, and a bunch of chokers. would be nice to see the womens game at least up to a 4.0 level. and then to top it off henin's not playing due to a "mystery illness".

kv581
11-14-2004, 02:20 PM
not "mystery," i thought it's already been said that Henin has CMV?

jjames
11-14-2004, 03:31 PM
the last i heard was chronic fatigue syndrome, whatever that is.

Chopin
11-14-2004, 03:42 PM
There was a lot of good tennis in that match though. Besides, it isn't as if Clijsters hasn't choked away matches! :-{}

kv581
11-14-2004, 04:21 PM

Let's hope not. Chronic fatigue syndrome is a poorly understood disorder for which there's currently no cure. It's also quite debilitating: patients can feel tired from just routine daily activities. There's no way Henin would be able to play tennis with this disorder.

Actually, the fact that Henin played and won Olympics makes me think she probably doesn't have Chronic fatigue syndrome, at least not a full-fledged version anyway. Hers seems milder, like a prolonged mono or something.

Datacipher
11-14-2004, 06:36 PM

Let's hope not. Chronic fatigue syndrome is a poorly understood disorder for which there's currently no cure. It's also quite debilitating: patients can feel tired from just routine daily activities. There's no way Henin would be able to play tennis with this disorder.

Actually, the fact that Henin played and won Olympics makes me think she probably doesn't have Chronic fatigue syndrome, at least not a full-fledged version anyway. Hers seems milder, like a prolonged mono or something.

It's not understood because it's not a real disease. It's just a blanket diagnosis for a symptom...."chronic fatigue" lol. Now, I don't want to belittle the condition because obviously extreme chronic fatigue would be an awful state. However, clearly Henin's is not or has not been anywhere near that point and I am glad of that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and I hope it goes away or they find a real reason for her symptom. Naturally without a real cause you cannot find a cure. You can only try to treat the symptom!

K!ck5w3rvE
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Dementieva is still the biggest choker, but Clijsters seems to like being down 5-0 then to stage a miraculous comback and lose 7-5. Its a close call between those two....the 2004 FOpen final for Dementieva versus the semifinal of the AO about 2-3 years back when Clijsters choked while up about 5-1 and match points in the 3rd.

Zverev
11-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Women tennis will never be like men's.
After all they are women, they are more emotional, they are physically weaker.
I don't know, but if you want to see powerful tennis,
watch the men's tour. Unless you want to watch pumped up with men's hormones female gorillas, like East German swimmers in the old days.
Come on! We want finess from women's game, it's so much more plesant to was Hingis with her refined game than "female Sampras" Williams. Better watch Samras. Closer to reality.

obackvalobasha
11-15-2004, 06:53 AM
do you guys think that a 4.0 male player can beat a top ten woman. if not where does women's tennis stand, when it comes to comparing male tennis with women's?

david aames
11-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Is her hubbie also her doctor? : )

[It's not understood because it's not a real disease. It's just a blanket diagnosis for a symptom...."chronic fatigue" lol. Now, I don't want to belittle the condition because obviously extreme chronic fatigue would be an awful state. However, clearly Henin's is not or has not been anywhere near that point and I am glad of that. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and I hope it goes away or they find a real reason for her symptom. Naturally without a real cause you cannot find a cure. You can only try to treat the symptom!

rocky b
11-15-2004, 07:59 AM
do you guys think that a 4.0 male player can beat a top ten woman. if not where does women's tennis stand, when it comes to comparing male tennis with women's?

a woman pro would kill a 4.0 guy 6-0 6-0 I think a 4.5 guy would lose 6-1 6-1

Zverev
11-15-2004, 12:16 PM
5.0 guy would lose 6-3, 6-3
5.5 guy would lose 6-4, 6-4
6.0 guy would lose 6-5, 6-5
6.5 guy would have tiebreak and lose anyway
7.0 guy would definetely win

This is how it works

antontd
11-15-2004, 12:33 PM
5.0 guy would lose 6-3, 6-3
5.5 guy would lose 6-4, 6-4
6.0 guy would lose 6-5, 6-5
6.5 guy would have tiebreak and lose anyway
7.0 guy would definetely win

This is how it works

are you kidding? A 6.0 player would beat any pro woman.

gaotaoshao
11-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Rocky B,

Hi, pal, how can you be so sure about those scores? Based on the score progression, a men pro will lose to women pro by 7-5, 7-5. Do you still remember Anikar Sorenstem in golf?

Myskina and Dementiava's serves look sick. I don't think they can even pass a male college player in Division 1A.

Chopin
11-15-2004, 12:40 PM
A women pro would destroy a 5.0. I've played with lots of 5.0s-they suck compared to professional women players. On the other hand, a 6.0 man would beat a women pro very easily. There’s a huge difference between being called a 5.0 and a 6.0. Its not like the jump between a 4.0 and 5.0-there’s a much larger skill-level jump between 5.0-6.0.

rocky b
11-16-2004, 04:04 AM
Rocky B,

Hi, pal, how can you be so sure about those scores? Based on the score progression, a men pro will lose to women pro by 7-5, 7-5. Do you still remember Anikar Sorenstem in golf?

Myskina and Dementiava's serves look sick. I don't think they can even pass a male college player in Division 1A.

There is not one male pro that would lose to a woman pro I would bet my house on that. What Serena hits for winners a man would track down and hit back even harder. The men would hold serve every time . Federer vs Serena she would be lucky to get 1 game in 5 sets. You have no clue how big the top men players hit get and the court with one then lets talk.