PDA

View Full Version : Dreams about Tennis players?

Breakaz54z
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
So I'd like to start a thread dealing with having dreams about tennis players. This can include dreams about your fellow tennis friends, opponents, players you know of, pros, former pros, anyone affiliated with tennis. So let's hear those dreams, just keep it as clean as possible please!

I'll go first

I think on Sunday night, I had a dream about David Nalbandian. It might've been a picture or him at a press conference.. but when he smiled, he was wearing braces! The regular stainless steel ones too.

Benjamin007
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Girl dreamzzzzzzzzzz.

Capt. Willie
10-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Some people say that tennis courts got big lanes
Some people say that tennis courts all look the same
There's not a line that goes here that rhymes with anything
I had a dream last night, but I forget what it was
I had a dream last night about you, my friend
I had a dream--I wanted to sleep next to my racquet
I had a dream--I wanted to lick Masha's knees
I had a dream--it was about nothing

Benjamin007
10-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I had a dream--I wanted to lick Masha's knees

Why lick on Masha's knees :confused: :confused: :confused: Yeah she's too hot and gorgeous for man to say NO.

SoBad
10-17-2007, 11:07 PM
I often do not remember my dreams, but I actually had one that I remembered from around the time of the Monaco tournament earlier this year. I think I may have posted it on this forum before, I am not sure. So in the dream (as I remember it now) I was actually in Monte Carlo, and it was the night before the final between Federer and Nadal.

I am drinking at some posh club and Federer is there, and he starts talking to me. He asks me if I could take his place in the final against Nadal. He looks and acts very unsure and scared and confused, and I am almost feeling sorry for him and want to help him, yet I try to reason. I tell him that I don’t look like him, so people would know that there was a substitution. Federer insists that it should not be a problem. Then I tell him that I am not all that good, and that I don’t think I could beat Nadal. And he continues insisting that I play, and that’s how the dream ends…

ananda
10-18-2007, 12:01 AM
haha, sobad, you could have just told him the truth that you are not his fan, esp with that manpurse, and that you are already playing in place of nadal whom you admire for his testosterone displays ! :-)

Breakaz54z
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Was it a wet dream?

This response will probably be deleted.

No, considering I'm not an adolescence going through puberty and I prefer women =D

I often do not remember my dreams, but I actually had one that I remembered from around the time of the Monaco tournament earlier this year. I think I may have posted it on this forum before, I am not sure. So in the dream (as I remember it now) I was actually in Monte Carlo, and it was the night before the final between Federer and Nadal.

I am drinking at some posh club and Federer is there, and he starts talking to me. He asks me if I could take his place in the final against Nadal. He looks and acts very unsure and scared and confused, and I am almost feeling sorry for him and want to help him, yet I try to reason. I tell him that I don’t look like him, so people would know that there was a substitution. Federer insists that it should not be a problem. Then I tell him that I am not all that good, and that I don’t think I could beat Nadal. And he continues insisting that I play, and that’s how the dream ends…

Lol that's awesome! Sounds like a very structured dream. You should've offered him a large sum of money for throwing the match :wink: btw what were you drinking?

ktownva
10-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I had a dream about Nadal during the French Open this year. He was ripping groundies in slow motion. Then I got his autograph. Then I woke up.

mcpon
10-19-2007, 04:39 AM
I had a dream about Federer. I played him in the first round of the U.S. Open. I was a qualifier and I beat him using only "junk" shots and pushing.

Frodo Baggins
10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
sobad I Dare you to Ask fed when you go to a tournament>If He Still needs a Subsitution?;) :D Let us know what his reply was;) ..

Breakaz54z
10-26-2007, 07:06 AM
So any new dreams? I had an insanely crazy dream last night.. but it had nothing to do with tennis. :(

SoBad
11-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Lol that's awesome! Sounds like a very structured dream. You should've offered him a large sum of money for throwing the match :wink: btw what were you drinking?

Oh in the dream it was something light and crisp, like vodka tonic. And yes, sometimes me dreams can be very detailed and structured.

sobad I Dare you to Ask fed when you go to a tournament>If He Still needs a Subsitution? Let us know what his reply was ..

I will do that Frodo! I'll tell him it was suggestion from TTW Frodo to approach him with the idea!;)

So any new dreams? I had an insanely crazy dream last night.. but it had nothing to do with tennis. :(

Yes, I had a another dream last night. Very detailed and structured, I am trying to write it up now... Coming soon!:)

spiritboy3
11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
o lmao one time i had a dream that i went to the tennis center to look for racquet and the coaches are like WOW U GOT GOOD taste... then it immediately go to some classroom and we're taking test... and i was sleeping and i was like OK I GOTTA do some question then woke up test like the state test or something not tennis test lmao

SoBad
11-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I am somewhere deep in the forest, walking through the woods all by myself. It’s twilight time, and I can barely make out the path in the near darkness. As the remains of the sunlight dissolve, the stars and the moon provide just enough light to follow the path, but soon I come to realise that I have lost the trail and am now walking without direction.

Clouds gradually cover the skies and it begins to snow. I have no idea where I am at this point, but figure that if I just keep walking in the same direction, sooner or later I will come upon a road where I can hitch a ride to the nearest town.

Yet, as I continue on my journey, I hear no sounds of cars or horses, not even an airplane, just the gentle whisper of the falling snow and the occasional wolves howling in the distance. As I walk, sad thoughts come to mind and I begin to wonder if I will be able to make my way out of this forest.

As hope begins to fade, I suddenly see some light up ahead in the distance, and as I get closer to the light, I hear sounds of Salsa music, voices chatting and laughing, and tennis balls being struck. The air feels warmer and the snow underneath my feet is now wet and mushy.

Finally I reach the opening in the woods that had beckoned me. And what do I see – in the middle of the forest there is a field, and on that field a tennis court is set up. It is a freshly-painted green hardcourt with white lines, lit with neon lights bright as daylight. Some kind of special outdoor heating devices are set up, so the oncourt temperature has gotta be around 70F, and the falling snow evaporates about 100 feet above the court surface.

Over by the net post on the side of the court opposite to me, there is a large Prince 12-pack tennis bag full of racquets and goodies and next to it a boombox playing Salsa music. A blonde in black tennis dress is practicing volleys with two guys at the baseline on the opposite side, hitting volleys to one then another in alternating order.

I walk up to the court and recognise the people on the tennis court – it is no other than former WTA star Anna Kournikova, and tour pro Evgeny Korolev and actor Josh Hartnett across the net from her. I wait for Josh to miss his forehand, and say “Excuse me for interrupting your game, but I am lost and would really appreciate your help. I really have no idea where I am, I am completely lost, and desperate to get to a road to hitch a ride to a town where I could find some modest lodging and perhaps a cup of hot tea and a loaf of bread. Could you please tell me which direction to follow for an automotive road? Or perhaps you would be kind enough to lend me your map and compass for a few minutes’ use, as you continue with your game.”

The trio speaks back at once, smiling and interrupting reach other as the respond to my inquiry with what appears to be great sincere joy: “You are not interrupting anything at all, Anna was just practicing her volleys. This evening was planned as a great doubles affair, but Ana Ivanovic bailed on us at the last moment to travel to Shanghai to support her countryman friend in an important tennis tournament. It is a blessing that you have come upon us by chance in the middle of this great forest. We would be delighted to have you join our tennis game. This is a late hour, traveling across this forest alone can be a dangerous affair, and the nearest road is far. You should just stay with us in our Winter Lodge that is a short walk from this court. It is a very comfortable cozy winter Chalet, complete with a sauna and Jacuzzi. We also have delicious steaks of lamb for dinner tonight, and many bottles of amazing red wines. Please play tennis with us and be our welcome guest at the Chalet – the four of us will enjoy a fantastic evening together, with sauna and Jacuzzi, delicious foods and drinks, and great fun and games. Please help yourself to a nice Prince racquet and some tennis apparel from our tennis bag, and join us on the court at once”.

I was immediately overwhelmed with feelings of joy and gratitude for the goodness and kindness of heart of these people I happened upon in the middle of the dark cold forest by chance. “Thank you, it will be my pleasure to accept your kind invitation" I said, and went on to help myself to some shoes and clothes from the large Prince 12-pack bag by the netpost.

I went on to join Anna at the net, volleys coming off sluggish after all I had gone through that night, and with an unfamiliar racquet. Then Anna said: “Don’t worry, just keep a firm wrist, keep the racquet well in front, and step into the ball to punch it”. Those were great tips, as my practice volleys had doubled in their crispness immediately thereafter.

“Why don’t we play a set of doubles”, said Josh after the four of us had practiced for a while. “That’s a terrific idea”, Anna replied. She then turned to me and said “Don’t worry. I don’t serve bombs nowadays like I used to when I teamed up with my Swiss friend Martina, but I can spin it in deep with good placement, and my ground game is still there, and my netplay is better than it ever was”.

We went on to play the most competitive doubles set in the history of tennis that night. The set went on for over two hours. There were no breaks of serve, and no minibreaks in the tiebreak until we got to 12-13, with Anna to serve. Josh stepped around to blast a forehand return right past me and into the alley, and the set was over then. “What a great set of tennis!” the four of us exclaimed as we shook hands at the net, full of laughter and excitement – “we should be heading back to the Winter Lodge, as surely we deserve a nice evening of relaxation after such a great game!”

And then I woke up.

ananda
11-27-2007, 06:54 AM
*** Warning: posted in Useless Information Thread already ***

i had the greatest dream that any tennis player can ever have.

Roger federer appeared in my dream and what's more he even spoke (very kindly) with me.

some people on the road were bothering him, seemed to be dealers or touts of some kind.

then he turned to me and said something in a strange language.

i said i cannot understand what you said.

He repeated it very politely.

that was it -- a small silly dream, but what the heck, it was Roger Federer, no less.

I must have done some great deeds in my past life to merit this :-)

Now if only Henin would come and give me a peck on the cheek!

SoBad
01-01-2008, 06:51 PM
It is already Spring and all the celebrations of Safin winning the Australian Open 2008 title have quieted down around the world. It is late at night, and I am alone walking along the embankment of Yodogawa, away from Umeda and its sinful temptations. I am admiring the nocturnal beauty of the cherry blossoms.

As I walk along the river, I come upon a couple standing still with their backs to the cherry trees and watching the waters of the river in solemn silence. The man is wearing a black leather trench coat, and the woman a red dress. I slow down a little to get a better glimpse of the view that is so captivating for the couple.

The woman turns slightly toward me and as she begins to speak I recognise her for Elena Likhovtseva: “I have always wondered about the colour of paradise”, says Elena with a slight smile and a nod, “just look at the way the surface picks up the neon lights… and what a perfect night this is to admire this beauty!” We then went on to chat for a little bit about the cherry blossoms, the colour of the water, and the beauty of the night around us, even as her companion stood still, without saying a word or turning his head to acknowledge the conversation.

“I need a drink”, said Elena finally. I reached into the pocket of my jacket and fetched a cheap small bottle of sake that I had been sipping from as I walked along the river earlier. “I need a nice drink”, Elena shook her head in gentle disapproval, “I need a nice strong cold drink”. The man then finally turned around and I recognised the dark figure as Kei Nishikori. “I know a place”, he said after a slight pause of hesitation, “I know a place we can go”.

Tucked away in a narrow alley behind the train station was Kei’s hang – a posh little lounge with a friendly proprietor who greeted us in the most courteous of manners: “It is an honour and a delight to have such distinguished guests upon me – please take seats in the best box and enjoy your evening. Your money is no good here, just let me know what you require – drinks, food, additional companions, it will be my pleasure to arrange for you.”

The party went on all night and it was not until late afternoon that I woke up to find Kei sitting in the lounge alone, gazing into space in front of him. “What happened last night, and where is everyone?”, I asked. “Everyone is gone…”, said Kei sadly, “…and the water of Yodogawa has turned the colour of tears”.

And then I woke up from the dream….

maneater
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
I had a really wierd dream of Safin...We were sitting on some hills having a picnic on a sunny day in Moscow, then i reminded him it was time for his match, so we quickly got up and started to make our way down, i was struggling with my heavy pink bag to get down the hill, so he comes back up to me, grabs my pink bag and my hand and we run off in the sunset...Really wierd stupid dream!

Phil
01-01-2008, 09:59 PM
It is already Spring and all the celebrations of Safin winning the Australian Open 2008 title have quieted down around the world. It is late at night, and I am alone walking along the embankment of Yodogawa, away from Umeda and its sinful temptations. I am admiring the nocturnal beauty of the cherry blossoms.

As I walk along the river, I come upon a couple standing still with their backs to the cherry trees and watching the waters of the river in solemn silence. The man is wearing a black leather trench coat, and the woman a red dress. I slow down a little to get a better glimpse of the view that is so captivating for the couple.

The woman turns slightly toward me and as she begins to speak I recognise her for Elena Likhovtseva: “I have always wondered about the colour of paradise”, says Elena with a slight smile and a nod, “just look at the way the surface picks up the neon lights… and what a perfect night this is to admire this beauty!” We then went on to chat for a little bit about the cherry blossoms, the colour of the water, and the beauty of the night around us, even as her companion stood still, without saying a word or turning his head to acknowledge the conversation.

“I need a drink”, said Elena finally. I reached into the pocket of my jacket and fetched a cheap small bottle of sake that I had been sipping from as I walked along the river earlier. “I need a nice drink”, Elena shook her head in gentle disapproval, “I need a nice strong cold drink”. The man then finally turned around and I recognised the dark figure as Kei Nishikori. “I know a place”, he said after a slight pause of hesitation, “I know a place we can go”.

Tucked away in a narrow alley behind the train station was Kei’s hang – a posh little lounge with a friendly proprietor who greeted us in the most courteous of manners: “It is an honour and a delight to have such distinguished guests upon me – please take seats in the best box and enjoy your evening. Your money is no good here, just let me know what you require – drinks, food, additional companions, it will be my pleasure to arrange for you.”

The party went on all night and it was not until late afternoon that I woke up to find Kei sitting in the lounge alone, gazing into space in front of him. “What happened last night, and where is everyone?”, I asked. “Everyone is gone…”, said Kei sadly, “…and the water of Yodogawa has turned the colour of tears”.

You might want to cut down on the sake...

Vision84
01-02-2008, 05:33 AM
I had an x-rated d ream about Myskina last night so i can't give any details. Kind of odd since I only find her mildly attractive. :lol:

Breakaz54z
01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
LOL I almost forgot about this thread!

SoBad, your dreams are always so descriptive and interesting. How do you seem to know specific locations in Japan?

Maneater, I've never got a chance to say this, but how a beauty like you got onto these forums, (from what I read on the "what I got for Christmas" thread), how you can be a real gamer, and how you seem so down to earth blows my mind! Aside that, no dream about any tennis player seems too dumb. It's sweet that you have such simple dreams about your idol/dream guy.

Vision84, Must've been a good dream eh? :twisted: :D

As for me.. I think I had a dream about being a pro playing with a fellow tour player. I forgot who, where, and who won. Nyeh :???: Last week living in the city, ahhh!!!

maneater
01-02-2008, 05:56 PM

SoBad, your dreams are always so descriptive and interesting. How do you seem to know specific locations in Japan?

Maneater, I've never got a chance to say this, but how a beauty like you got onto these forums, (from what I read on the "what I got for Christmas" thread), how you can be a real gamer, and how you seem so down to earth blows my mind! Aside that, no dream about any tennis player seems too dumb. It's sweet that you have such simple dreams about your idol/dream guy.

Vision84, Must've been a good dream eh? :twisted: :D

As for me.. I think I had a dream about being a pro playing with a fellow tour player. I forgot who, where, and who won. Nyeh :???: Last week living in the city, ahhh!!!

Thanks so much, your comment made me smile :-) Take care

Breakaz54z
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much, your comment made me smile :-) Take care

Glad it did. Smiles and laughs are the best! :D

ananda
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
I hope sobad and maneater dream of Safin every day.

SoBad
01-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I had a really wierd dream of Safin...We were sitting on some hills having a picnic on a sunny day in Moscow, then i reminded him it was time for his match, so we quickly got up and started to make our way down, i was struggling with my heavy pink bag to get down the hill, so he comes back up to me, grabs my pink bag and my hand and we run off in the sunset...Really wierd stupid dream!

That is a beautiful dream – simple and crisp, subtle yet powerful. Nothing compares to a Sparrow Hills picnic on a sunny day before the big game. And is there a better way to forget about the big game than by running off into the sunset after the picnic?

SoBad
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
You might want to cut down on the sake...

No, it wasn’t like that. She just said she wanted a drink, so I offered whatever I had on my person at the moment. The small bottle was about half-full, so it wasn’t like I meant to insult Elena intentionally or anything. It was from the heart, and I think she understood.

SoBad
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I had an x-rated d ream about Myskina last night so i can't give any details. Kind of odd since I only find her mildly attractive. :lol:

Somebody has been spending a lot of forum time in the Myskina single pregnant thread maybe.;) But anyways, you could have posted your dream after editing out graphic detail, like I did for instance, that’s what your university education is for.

SoBad
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM

Vision84, Must've been a good dream eh? :twisted:

You could forget about the thread, but the thread will never forget about you, that’s how love works…;) I’m glad you liked the dream, was hoping you would, I lived a little there as a kid and in college too, so I guess it lingers in the subconscious and manifests in dreams or something. It’s all good though. As for maneater, she’s in a league of her own amongst all the talents of this forum, as I learned. So it’s your last week in ny and you’re going back to pa now, I guess, that’s cool, just be sure to post some cool dreams too, and hopefully not about nalby…;)

Mike Bulgakov
01-02-2008, 10:50 PM

This is odd, but I also had a dream about Elena Likhovtseva, right around Christmas. We were playing mixed doubles in front of a big crowd and my racquet was so soft and flexible that my serves were shooting everywhere but in the court.

Elena told me not to worry and that my next serve would be good. I only felt worse because she was so nice and I knew I was blowing the match. I went to my bag for a new racquet and I could bend all my racquets with my hands. I took the best racquet, hit a serve, and it went into the stands. Everyone laughed.

Elena walked up to me and kissed me on the forehead. She said, "It's such a beautiful day, why play tennis?" I looked around and we were next to a beach. Elena put her arm on my shoulder and said, "Let's go swimming." I then woke up.

Breakaz54z
01-03-2008, 07:49 AM
You could forget about the thread, but the thread will never forget about you, that’s how love works…;) I’m glad you liked the dream, was hoping you would, I lived a little there as a kid and in college too, so I guess it lingers in the subconscious and manifests in dreams or something. It’s all good though. As for maneater, she’s in a league of her own amongst all the talents of this forum, as I learned. So it’s your last week in ny and you’re going back to pa now, I guess, that’s cool, just be sure to post some cool dreams too, and hopefully not about nalby…;)

Oh that explains a lot then. I visited Japan this past summer and LOVED it! I as soon as I find out what my post undergraduate future looks like, I might try to work in Japan as an English teacher. Just so I can have the experience of living there for half a year to a year. And I agree maneater is something else, in a good way. Actually I'm still in PA, just living in Philadelphia then moving back to the suburbs for a few days before moving up to State College. When did I mention I lived in NY? I wish! And oh man, that dream about Nalby.. so random haha

maneater, changed your avatar did you? Looks nice :)

Mike, that's an awesome dream. Don't you just hate it when you wake up after the dream starts getting really good?

rasajadad
01-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Back when, I used to dream about playing a match against McEnroe.

lovecr717
01-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I used to dream about meeting djokovic at a wilson outlet in a shopping mall. he was with his younger brother . in the same dream, i met shayne ward in the same shopping mall :shock:

maneater
01-04-2008, 03:37 AM
lol, yea im in a mood for change :-)

heartman
01-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Some of my best fantasies involve women I've actually met while playing competitive tennis - something about the grace and athleticism - maybe it's just the pleasing aesthetics of good form in tennis.

Yeah, that's the ticket...

;)

SoBad
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
This is odd, but I also had a dream about Elena Likhovtseva, right around Christmas. We were playing mixed doubles in front of a big crowd and my racquet was so soft and flexible that my serves were shooting everywhere but in the court.

Elena told me not to worry and that my next serve would be good. I only felt worse because she was so nice and I knew I was blowing the match. I went to my bag for a new racquet and I could bend all my racquets with my hands. I took the best racquet, hit a serve, and it went into the stands. Everyone laughed.

Elena walked up to me and kissed me on the forehead. She said, "It's such a beautiful day, why play tennis?" I looked around and we were next to a beach. Elena put her arm on my shoulder and said, "Let's go swimming." I then woke up.

That’s a nice story, thanks for sharing Mishan’! I like the “It's such a beautiful day, why play tennis?” twist! Reminds me a little bit about that other time when I played doubles together with Anna Kournikova, except in our match it was her that had some serving troubles (or maybe I wasn’t covering the net well, I guess it depends on the angle [Josh Hartnett can blast a forehand return, too]). And in my dream also I woke up just before we were all gonna go swimming.:(

SoBad
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh that explains a lot then. I visited Japan this past summer and LOVED it! I as soon as I find out what my post undergraduate future looks like, I might try to work in Japan as an English teacher. Just so I can have the experience of living there for half a year to a year. And I agree maneater is something else, in a good way. Actually I'm still in PA, just living in Philadelphia then moving back to the suburbs for a few days before moving up to State College. When did I mention I lived in NY? I wish! And oh man, that dream about Nalby.. so random haha

maneater, changed your avatar did you? Looks nice :)

Mike, that's an awesome dream. Don't you just hate it when you wake up after the dream starts getting really good?

Nalby’s alright – another one of those Safin wannabes going for indoor masters back-to-back and pwning fed haha. I thought you meant nyc when you said “the city”, because in NE US that’s often what people mean by that. And state college isn’t a bad place is it, with skiing and parties and stuff, especially if one’s only got a few months to go. Japan is a nice country, definitely go if you’re keen on it, everything in life is temporary and transient I think, so if you LOVE something, you have to go after it right away! You sound like a nice guy btw, esp. for a lefty… cool thread! Since Kournikova, Likhovtseva and Myskina have all been covered, I wonder what might come next…

SoBad
01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Back when, I used to dream about playing a match against McEnroe.

What was your H2H against BigMac back then?

I used to dream about meeting djokovic at a wilson outlet in a shopping mall. he was with his younger brother . in the same dream, i met shayne ward in the same shopping mall :shock:

Nice. Did the four of you do anything fun together in those dreams?

Breakaz54z
01-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Nalby’s alright – another one of those Safin wannabes going for indoor masters back-to-back and pwning fed haha. I thought you meant nyc when you said “the city”, because in NE US that’s often what people mean by that. And state college isn’t a bad place is it, with skiing and parties and stuff, especially if one’s only got a few months to go. Japan is a nice country, definitely go if you’re keen on it, everything in life is temporary and transient I think, so if you LOVE something, you have to go after it right away! You sound like a nice guy btw, esp. for a lefty… cool thread! Since Kournikova, Likhovtseva and Myskina have all been covered, I wonder what might come next…

Lol I guess so. I like how Nalby can make sudden runs here and there. Makes things a LOT more interesting. And yeah.. I have much pride in my city since I grew up not far from it. So I consider it the city for me and NYC is NYC. A part of me actually doesn't want to go to State College, and for a year btw, cause I realized that prefer city settings. Only draw back of course is the lack of tennis! Luckily there's a club I can join up there and hopefully they're very active so I get some tennis in 2+ times a week. Div I would be nice but forget that! :shock: I dunno if I mentioned this before, but I'm seriously considering working in Japan as an English teacher for a year after I graduate. I figured the GREs and whatever else I have to take will last for awhile so I might as well go when I'm young and get the experience of living in Japan. The vacation I had there over the summer really makes me want to go back!! And where was this dream of Kornikova? Oh wait, it wasn't THAT type of dream lol. And what do you mean I'm nice despite being a lefty? Since when were lefties mean? lol Though, out of the few lefties I know.. only a portion of them I could say they're genuinely nice people. Then again, how people are genuinely nice people? :confused:

Sorry for the long and irrelevant post. Glad you and everyone else are enjoying the thread! I'll post my next dream that isn't weird or sad and relates to tennis.

SoBad
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Dreams that are weird or sad or both can be a blast to write and read about, whether or not related to tennis, so don’t hold anything back now. As for lefties, I guess there’s some humourous lefty hatred talk around the forums now, and I just noticed your own ways in the avatar. But actually I think it’s kind of true that tennis lefties often build their game around their leftiness (the serve, the spins, the angles), and get satisfaction out of messing people up with their game. I feel instant irritation/anger on the court sometimes from that, but seriously I recognise it as part of the game, so it’s all cool.

As for the Kournikova dream, I am curious too where it all happened. Some deep forest, where Kournikova and Korolev roam around, and also wolves are howling and it’s snowing. I’ll think some more and get back to you;)

As for going to Japan upon graduation, I think you should go, like I said earlier. I don’t know anything about teaching English there, and it sounds like it may not be something you yourself would necessarily enjoy doing, but it definitely sounds like you want to go there, so if there’s an easy way to make it happen while making some sacrifices along the way, why not, as long as you know what you’re doing and like the place where you’re going.

I get the city references now, thanks for clarifying. As for not wanting to go to state college, consider not going, is all I can say. I think as long as you don’t overload yourself with erroneous assumptions and preconceived notions, and do what you want to do the moment you realise that you want to do it, you should be living a happy life, I think…

And back to the subject, I had a dream last night – I was having 3pm afternoon tea with Safin at the ANA hotel lounge, and then I woke up.

Breakaz54z
02-25-2008, 06:47 AM
So I had a dream about TW posters playing! Surprisingly, Andres was playing someone, I think another TW poster. I don't remember much anymore but I know they were in an indoor court. I was only watching at the time but I seemed to know the both of you guys. At the end, Andres seemed really frustrated and was complaining to me cause he lost. That's all I can remember/happened.

Breakaz54z
02-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Bump, anyone have new tennis dreams? Andres, any thoughts? That was a really random dream btw.

SoBad
07-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Bump, anyone have new tennis dreams? Andres, any thoughts? That was a really random dream btw.

Yeah I have a thought/remark to follow up - Matt Damon was probably also part of the whole thing. That's all for now.

AznRamenDude
07-31-2008, 10:08 PM
I actually had a dream like a week ago about tennis. I was playing against Djokovic and i got my @$$ whoop. I wonder if that means something :?

pabletion
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I once had a dream about Ivanovic and Tatiana Golovin....................

come to think about it, I cant talk about that in here............ ;)

sewing mama
08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I haven't ever dreamed about a tennis player. But, I did have a really nice dream about Kenny Cheasney. :)

jmsx521
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
My regular hitting partner had a dream that he won the US Open, beating Nadal in the semis and Federer in the final. Then, just walked-away from the stadium, without talking to anyone from the media, nor collecting his paycheck... and never played again. It sounds like it could be an interesting movie.

I've also had dreams about tennis, but when you wake up, within few minutes you forget everything about the dream.

jmsx521
08-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I actually had a dream like a week ago about tennis. I was playing against Djokovic and i got my @$$ whoop. I wonder if that means something :?It means that in real life if you play Djokovic, most likely that is what's going to happen to you.

Magix
08-03-2008, 03:16 AM
A little while ago, I dreamed (or dreamt, which ever one it is...) that I was in a restaurant with Roger Federer, Lleyton Hewitt and uhh...Marilyn Manson. And we were just sitting there chatting away.

rum02
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I had a dream last night... I was at some massive indoor tennis facility. not sure if a tournament was on but there were tons of people around. it was really crowded. I saw gael monfils, he asked if I wanted to have a hit! I said yes. Only one problem, I couldn't find any of my tennis stuff, someone stole my bag. He soon found someone else to hit with :( then I woke up.

CanadianChic
08-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I dreamed about JC Ferrero once.

SoBad
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I actually had a dream like a week ago about tennis. I was playing against Djokovic and i got my @$$ whoop. I wonder if that means something :?

Sounds like a confidence crisis. You need to seek him out in real life, challenge him to a match, and beat him convincingly, in order to restore self-confidence.

I once had a dream about Ivanovic and Tatiana Golovin....................

come to think about it, I cant talk about that in here............ ;)

Why, did they give you some inside info on that whole Davydenko scandal in Poland last year?

SoBad
06-15-2010, 05:37 PM
I had the dream again – I am arranging flowers on a table as a centrepiece. There are lilies, carnations and violets. Samantha Stosur comes into the room wearing her Oakleys and looking inscrutable, and then everything – the table, the vase, the flowers – it all explodes in a big ball of fire.

Anyone else have any tennis dreams lately? Anyone dreaming of lost but not forgotten lovers at all?

salsainglesa
06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Last night I hit a return winner against davy on carpet, it was a nice inside out shot...

lol

CMM
06-16-2010, 01:57 AM
I dreamed that Rafa got caught using PED's. :(

Vermillion
06-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Anyone dream of DaniHan as of late? If so, watch your back.

SoBad
05-16-2011, 06:14 PM
I had the dream again.

Vermillion
05-16-2011, 06:31 PM
I had the dream again.

Which one?

You know, I've had something on my mind for a bit: what is the etiquette of telling somebody that you had a dream about them?

maverick66
05-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Which one?

You know, I've had something on my mind for a bit: what is the etiquette of telling somebody that you had a dream about them?

What kind of dream?

SoBad
05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Which one?

I had a dream about Nishikori and Likhovtseva.

That really depends on your relationship with the person you had the dream about - I don't think there is a simple answer. If it is someone you confide in, tell them directly. Otherwise, give them a hint.

Vermillion
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
A metaphorical one that leaves you unsure of its meaning.

@SBS, that's true. I suppose TMI might be emitted unless it is someone close.

SoBad
05-16-2011, 06:54 PM
A metaphorical one that leaves you unsure of its meaning.

@SBS, that's true. I suppose TMI might be emitted unless it is someone close.

I know when Breakaz had dreams about Nalbandian he would just post about it on the internet.

zapvor
05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
sobad+ vermillion= nothing else like it!

RD 7
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I had a dream some years ago that I was stuck in an elevator with Nadal and Federer for a long time. The 3 of us reached an agreement whereby they were allowed to relieve themselves (albeit very discreetly), but I was forced to hold it in. The thing most disturbing about this dream is that I really had it - and actually discussed it with my therapist. I apologize if this post seems distasteful, but I think it displays very real anxieties about status and claustrophobia, which are very common themes in my dreams.

r2473
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
What did the therapist say?

Did you ever get to relieve yourself?

Did you wet the bed?

MixieP
05-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I dreamt I was gnawing on Sampras's left Achilles tendon. It was very disturbing. I think he called me a lapdog. "You're nothing but a lapdog". Something like that.

RD 7
05-19-2011, 12:39 PM

Did you wet the bed?

I didn't relieve myself in the elevator or the bed.

The therapist got me to articulate why I felt I wasn't allowed to relieve myself. Then we worked on my confidence and sense of self-worth. The goal, my goal, is to have the dream again, but with a different outcome.

sureshs
05-19-2011, 12:42 PM

Did you wet the bed?

I sometimes have a dream that I am in a situation where I have to relieve myself but there is no place to go (literally) and I am panicked about what will happen.

Then I wake up and realize that the dream was triggered by a real need to go to the bathroom, and probably was created to not make me wet the bed.

When I am older, I plan on wetting the bed too.

r2473
05-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I didn't relieve myself in the elevator or the bed.

The goal, my goal, is to have the dream again, but with a different outcome.

When I am older, I plan on wetting the bed too.

Good luck :)

r2473
05-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I had a dream some years ago that I was stuck in an elevator with Nadal and Federer for a long time. The 3 of us reached an agreement whereby they were allowed to relieve themselves (albeit very discreetly), but I was forced to hold it in.

The therapist got me to articulate why I felt I wasn't allowed to relieve myself. Then we worked on my confidence and sense of self-worth.

"Penis envy"

and

"Federer complex"

SoBad
05-19-2011, 07:11 PM
sobad+ vermillion= nothing else like it!

Not even in a wildest dream?:neutral:

It's too bad that so many tennis dreams are too graphic to share...

Polaris
05-19-2011, 11:10 PM

Freud suggests that you have a latent unfulfilled carnal urge for Federer. :)

salsainglesa
05-20-2011, 09:46 AM
once i dreamt i had a winner dtl backhand against davydenko in an indoor court... it was a tournament...

SoBad
05-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Freud suggests that you have a latent unfulfilled carnal urge for Federer. :)

I don't suppose you have a link to corroborate this disgusting allegation. Safe to assume this is just a weak attempt on your part to match sureshs and his trademark urination/defecation theme?

Polaris
06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't suppose you have a link to corroborate this disgusting allegation.

I don't have a link but published research suggests that every time you make a statement about Federer (e.g., Federer is a doper, Federer is a criminal), the probability that you have a suppressed carnal urge for him increases towards unity. This increase has the shape of a (1-exp(-x)) curve.

ROFL :).

Safe to assume this is just a weak attempt on your part to match sureshs and his trademark urination/defecation theme?

Never assume. Sureshs is a good guy. His beef is not with you (or with Federer). He only cares about Zeeshan Ali. :)

SoBad
06-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Never assume. Sureshs is a good guy. His beef is not with you (or with Federer). He only cares about Zeeshan Ali. :)

I appreciate that it took you a month to come up with this, but unless you have a tennis dream to share, kindly spare this thread from the whatever beef/Fred/urine/suresh/alilala theme you’re trying to develop here.

I don't have a link but published research suggests that every time you make a statement about Federer (e.g., Federer is a doper, Federer is a criminal), the probability that you have a suppressed carnal urge for him increases towards unity. This increase has the shape of a (1-exp(-x)) curve.

ROFL :).

Not sure where your “published research” was published, but it must be a dark remote place if there is no link – published inside a small vacuum box and/or your head perhaps? Very impressed by your attempt to present a mathematical formula here though. Very refreshing, almost like punching a broken soda vending machine and getting a fine bottle of Grüner Veltliner in an ice bucket out if it.

iTxMe
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
Last night, I dreamt of hitting with Giles Simon. At the end of the session, I asked for one of his rackets and he agreed. I was soooooooooooooooo happy. I asked for his signature and looked at the TGK (or some letter) on the throat. It was so real. hahaha. I felt like I need to tell some body about my dream, so there. I'm relieved. Hahaha

Tennis Is Magic
06-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I dreamed about Caroline Wozniacki once *wink*

r2473
06-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I dreamed about Caroline Wozniacki once *wink*

I'm sure it was nothing "major".....

Tennis Is Magic
06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm sure it was nothing "major".....

It sure didn't "live up to expectations"

MixieP
06-17-2011, 12:26 PM
I dreamt of Underhand. He was sticking his tongue out.

r2473
06-17-2011, 12:37 PM

mmmmmmm.........guess I'll leave that one alone.

SoBad
06-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Last night, I dreamt of hitting with Giles Simon. At the end of the session, I asked for one of his rackets and he agreed. I was soooooooooooooooo happy. I asked for his signature and looked at the TGK (or some letter) on the throat. It was so real. hahaha. I felt like I need to tell some body about my dream, so there. I'm relieved. Hahaha

Sounds a bit weak. I walked out with like a 12pack bag full of Prince pro-stock after hitting with Kournikova and Korolev.

Sentinel
06-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Haha ! I miss the dear chap. What did Underhand look like. A tail ? Furry creature ? Two horns on head ? :D

MixieP
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Haha ! I miss the dear chap. What did Underhand look like. A tail ? Furry creature ? Two horns on head ? :D

Underhand looked just like the guy in his avatar, so I suppose it really was a dream about a tennis player. I hope Underhand is all right. I miss him. Without him, how is one to know who is doomed™ and who is a mental midget™ and who is a mindless ballbasher™?

Sentinel
06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
^ and a tree-chopper, and whom to hate and be proud of. I am sure he is here by some other name. Just not like him to be absent for so long.