PDA

View Full Version : Lot's of complaints about TW customer service: are you satisfied?

shojun25
10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
There has been a lot of threads mentioning TW's downhill customer service lately.

HOWEVER, I am satisfied. I demoed 4 racquets (POG, MG Radical, PS 85, and nBlade) from TW, and the strings of the PS broke after 15 min of playing with them. I just called TW up and they will send me another demo racquet (the PS 85), and let me demo it for a week after receiving it. So... great customer service. Just call them by phone (if its during business hours) - its faster than sending an email or posting here IMO.

The question is: overall, are you satisfied with TW's demo programs, customer service, and overall services (such as great prices and providing the TTW forums)?

drakulie
10-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I've never had a problem. They are always friendlly and extremely helpful.

TheShaun
10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
i've had to deal with them over the phone twice and had nothing but great service. TW still has my business!!!!

snoflewis
10-18-2007, 05:31 PM
they're really good about customer service...the only complaints i've seen here is a lack of inventory (almost always backordered) or an occasional mis-ship

TokyopunK
10-18-2007, 05:33 PM
They are pretty good but I do not approve of their leader's obsession with gummybears.

JMS
10-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I have demoed and ordered on several occsaions. Only one problem, and they responded to the e-mail within hours and gladly corrected the problem. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE IS LIKE NO OTHER :)

Richie Rich
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
can't complain about any of the transactions i've had with tw. most were perfect and the coupe issues i had were dealt with quickly and easily

TennisFrkJC92
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
they're really good about customer service...the only complaints i've seen here is a lack of inventory (almost always backordered) or an occasional mis-ship

I agree, i've been waiting for the AeroPro Drive Cortex 4 1/4 since September 16th, it's been constantly getting backordered.

ewcrider
10-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I've ordered from TW many times, and have had virtually no problems. The only thing i did have a problem with was a demo. I ordered it when someone else had it, and it was due in 3 days after i placed my order; i thought it was no big deal waiting 3 days. It kept getting pushed back further and further, which had me very worried since i was leaving for college soon. The order also contained some other equipment i wanted to use. I dont remember exactly, but i think it ended up shipping about 3 weeks after it was supposed to, so i didnt really even get to play with it before sending it back.
Other than that, TW just may be the best company i've delt with overall. Low prices and large selection enable me to try things that I never would've if I had not come across the site. These message boards are also a great feature, since i've never had lessons i can learn here. Also, I do not have the tennis channel and cannot purchase it (school cable), but i am able to watch matches uploaded by members here.

LarougeNY
10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
yeah TW is probably the most consumer-friendly tennis equipment website there is. I tried almost a dozen rackets before finally settling on one, and now I'm happy knowing I have the right one-thanks to TW.
Shoes as well, I don't know what I would do without the help you guys have given me whenever I ask for advice.
Thanks tw, you guys have excellent service.

Loco4Tennis
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM
yeah i had a issue with backorder tennis bag i just received
i waited a week and ended up calling, then i saw they actually had one more bag, of the one i ordered that they could have sent me, which they did,
i am happy now, ive made 3 orders so far, i am 2 for 3 and still quite happy shopping from them, i recomend them to everyone i know who likes tennis, i really like their tennis selection and prices, i hope they keep up the good service and iron out some of the bad

guynamedsean
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I buy multiple things every month. I usually talk to a young kid who knows less about the equipment than I do, but this is to be expected. Once you have operated a business you will understand that you cant hire Roman Prokes to answer the damn phone.

I have had these nice kids that work at TW weigh and balance racuets while I am on hold. They have checked handles for me to see if they can be sanded down. Not once did they act put off. They walked wherever they needed to go checked it out and came back with an answer.

I have never used their demo program.

Not one order has been wrong, late or damaged. So I have been pleased so far.

caesar66
10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I have had no problems with them at any point, and if I had, I feel really confident that they would remedy it.

HeadPrestige
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
i love tw customer service.

shojun25
10-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I should've added 'lately' in the title. It seems like its misleading to TW's customer service. Sorry about that.

tenniskid3119
10-19-2007, 06:18 AM
I've never had to deal with the customer service. cause everything was perfect when I recieved it :)

PROTENNIS63
10-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Customer service from TW is exceptionally well.

hjminard
10-19-2007, 06:50 AM
I've been extremely happy. Had a problem with one demo (wrong racquet sent) and they made up for it by sending another demo order for free. Can't ask for a better response than that.

Safina
10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
TW is usually great.

However, I do think they are having some problems internally that they don't really want to divulge.
My observations...

They haven't responded at ALL to an email I sent asking for price match, more than 72 hours.

They are very backed up in crediting accounts for return items.

The Classified section is updated less frequently lately.

Must be all the pressure from producing VLOGs!!!!! j/k

All that being said, I know TW is the best, they've proved it. And I think they try very hard
to keep being the best.

TW Staff
10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
However, I do think they are having some problems internally that they don't really want to divulge.

I'm not sure where you're pulling your information from, but we certainly don't appreciate the unfounded speculations. I can tell you that there are no "problems internally that we don't really want to divulge."

They haven't responded at ALL to an email I sent asking for price match, more than 72 hours.

Not sure what happened or whom you emailed. I spoke with our online department and they assured me all emails are responded to within 24 hours, most times within the same day. Also, if you call with a price match, we can handle it on the spot.

They are very backed up in crediting accounts for return items.

Explained in another thread, the US Open is a very busy time for us, hence a couple weeks afterward, we tend to get more returns and can be backed up. This is not uncommon and happens from time to time.

The Classified section is updated less frequently lately.

I certainly beg to differ. I personally update the classifieds every SINGLE morning, excluding Saturdays, which is handled by another admin. If you don't see your classified ad, it's most likely because it was deleted due to not following the selling guidelines. In reality, it's actually updated MORE frequently than in the past.

Spencer, TW.

Safina
10-19-2007, 03:25 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:oops: :oops: :oops: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Azzurri
10-20-2007, 04:44 PM
TW customer service has always been friendly and helpful. Trust me, check the BBB and you will see these guys are top notch. They take care of things.

The Bird is a joke. Don't order anything from them. Now that company has HORRIBLE customer service and are not helpful. From what I gather if someone has an issue TW will handle it and the custmer seems to always be satisfied.

Richie Rich
10-20-2007, 07:42 PM
The Bird is a joke. Don't order anything from them. Now that company has HORRIBLE customer service and are not helpful.

i ordered 2 pairs of running shoes from them and everything was just perfect. i haven't had to deal with them on a customer service issue yet so who knows? i order most of my tennis stuff from TW, but for now, i have no complaints with the bird

sureshs
10-20-2007, 08:07 PM
No problems ever. Have purchased racquets and shoes, even had the racquets weighed and matched.

quest01
10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I've never had a problem with ordering or demoing rackets.

vkartikv
10-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Sure, it helps others to know what kind of service TW provides by leaving your feedback here but don't you think it would be easier for both you and them to just CALL to ask for a price match or anything else? I don't understand this 'I waited 3 days and didn't get an email response' comment - CALL THEM!!! It's a 1-800 # so it's of no cost to you!

I've had no problems with TW but given their # of sales, mixups are bound to happen. Atleast they correct them and act in a professional manner! Not trying to 'suck up' to them but I have found their service to be more than satisfactory in the 3 yrs I've been dealing with them.

TheShaun
10-20-2007, 08:23 PM
i ordered 2 pairs of running shoes from them and everything was just perfect. i haven't had to deal with them on a customer service issue yet so who knows? i order most of my tennis stuff from TW, but for now, i have no complaints with the bird

you should be buying your running shoes from www.runningwarehouse.com :)

by the way, anybody know the relationship between the "warehouses" online.? i'm assuming that they're somehow related...

TW Staff
10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
you should be buying your running shoes from www.runningwarehouse.com (http://www.runningwarehouse.com) :)

by the way, anybody know the relationship between the "warehouses" online.? i'm assuming that they're somehow related...

Running Warehouse, Skate Warehouse, Tackle Warehouse, Inline Warehouse, Racquetball Warehouse, and of course, Tennis Warehouse are all under the umbrella of Sports Warehouse. Scroll to the bottom of the main Tennis Warehouse page and you can find links to those sites. And although we are all related, they are seperate companies so we cannot combine orders. (A question that has been asked before)

Jason, TW

tbini87
10-20-2007, 11:32 PM
i am satisfied with their cs, and with their prices. i live close too so their shipments arrive in 1 or 2 days, which is pretty awesome!

Leelord337
10-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure where you're pulling your information from, but we certainly don't appreciate the unfounded speculations. I can tell you that there are no "problems internally that we don't really want to divulge."

Not sure what happened or whom you emailed. I spoke with our online department and they assured me all emails are responded to within 24 hours, most times within the same day. Also, if you call with a price match, we can handle it on the spot.

Explained in another thread, the US Open is a very busy time for us, hence a couple weeks afterward, we tend to get more returns and can be backed up. This is not uncommon and happens from time to time.

I certainly beg to differ. I personally update the classifieds every SINGLE morning, excluding Saturdays, which is handled by another admin. If you don't see your classified ad, it's most likely because it was deleted due to not following the selling guidelines. In reality, it's actually updated MORE frequently than in the past.

Spencer, TW.

man, that is harassing

bagung
10-21-2007, 12:22 AM
i have ordered more than 15 times to indonesia.... and what i can say is i am satisfied

Hedges
10-21-2007, 03:05 AM
TW's customer service is excellent. Case closed.

Azzurri
10-21-2007, 07:14 AM

Should have been more specific. The Bird has some poor customer service. I had to file a complaint with the BBB and I found out they have a lot of issues. They have more than 3 times the complaints of any of the other larger tennis retailers and that's just what is reported. I also find the CS phone people to not be as friendly as TW.

Azzurri
10-21-2007, 07:23 AM
you should be buying your running shoes from www.runningwarehouse.com :)

Why? Are they better priced or something? The Bird is known to have great prices on all types of shoes. Are you saying this place has better prices? I did a quick check and I saw retail prices for almost everything and what was on sale had limited sizes. I could be wrong, maybe you could clarify this for me. Also, they don't sell New Balance??:confused:

As for my experience with running shoes, there are MUCH better sites out there. I got a brand new pair of New Balance 992 for under $90 shipped.

TheShaun
10-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Why? Are they better priced or something? The Bird is known to have great prices on all types of shoes. Are you saying this place has better prices? I did a quick check and I saw retail prices for almost everything and what was on sale had limited sizes. I could be wrong, maybe you could clarify this for me. Also, they don't sell New Balance??:confused:

As for my experience with running shoes, there are MUCH better sites out there. I got a brand new pair of New Balance 992 for under $90 shipped.

they have the best price for my mizuno's. sometimes you have to click on the product. for example, mizuno elixir 2 that i wear, on the main page it shows only the msrp ($85) when you click on it it shows their price ($67.95) same as the bird. but the bird only has free shipping on select shoes my mizuno's aren't one of them. but if you need new balance and running warehouse doesn't carry them there's not much you can do about that...

Dennis Anyone?
10-21-2007, 09:31 AM

Spencer, TW.

Hi Spencer. I'm a huge fan of TW in general and am a frequent patron, but I have to say I've had two e-mails to the "info" address go unanswered in recent months.

I've only called/e-mailed TW a few times over my several years of visiting the online store--with good results--so the customer satisfaction percentage would be disappointing of late.

Both were with regards to specific product details and the lack of response has prevented purchase. Hopefully these instances were no bigger than mere oversights or temporary technical problems. Thanks for listening.

TW Staff
10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
After a certain post, I did follow up with the department that deals with the "info" email, and was assured they were up-to-date and current with all email responses. Thank you for your information. I will certainly pass the word along.

Spencer, TW.

mrw
10-21-2007, 01:22 PM
They hooked me on the thin leather TW grips and now they are out of stock.

I need my fix!!!!

Put the Gummybears aside and get on this

Richie Rich
10-21-2007, 05:47 PM
they have the best price for my mizuno's. sometimes you have to click on the product. for example, mizuno elixir 2 that i wear, on the main page it shows only the msrp ($85) when you click on it it shows their price ($67.95) same as the bird. but the bird only has free shipping on select shoes my mizuno's aren't one of them. but if you need new balance and running warehouse doesn't carry them there's not much you can do about that...

that's funny - i wear the elixir for my 10k races. nice shoe. they want $130 Cdn plus tax at my local Running Room for the same shoe. it's like half the cost.

same goes for my kayano's too. and retail stores wonder why Cdns are pi$$ed off at the high prices vs US when the currency's are literally the same.

TheShaun
10-21-2007, 06:11 PM
that's funny - i wear the elixir for my 10k races. nice shoe. they want $130 Cdn plus tax at my local Running Room for the same shoe. it's like half the cost.

same goes for my kayano's too. and retail stores wonder why Cdns are pi$$ed off at the high prices vs US when the currency's are literally the same.

a few major retailers have cut their prices to match the US. I think most products at walmart are now the same cost as the US stores.

as a plus, if you order the elixir 2 from the US you get the US colour way. I have orange and white ones. the new issue are full yellow maybe a little too flashy for my slow running, but i think they look cool.

Richie Rich
10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
as a plus, if you order the elixir 2 from the US you get the US colour way. I have orange and white ones. the new issue are full yellow maybe a little too flashy for my slow running, but i think they look cool.

mine are the bright yellow. only problem with the colour is that people expect you to be fast when you wear shoes that bright - and i am not fast :sad:

tennismaster888
10-26-2007, 12:35 PM
TW service is great!! my demos had been delayed for a while and i talked to jason and he split my order in two for free (so that the available rackets could ship) and he even was able to change one of the rackets i decided i didn't want anymore :-D. i love tw :D

bluetrain4
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
TW customer service has been incredible for me.

I've ordered a ton of stuff - racquets, clothing, shoes, overgrips, strings, lead tape. It's always on time, and the order is always correct.

I ordered a Prince Speedport Black, but then realized that I didn't want it. Before hitting with it, I called and asked if I could return it, even though they had strung it. The said it was no problem and once they received the racquet, my credit card was credited in a couple of days.

I know a few people who have had minor problems, but TW always seems willing to correct the problem, and with a good attitude.

ichugtea
10-31-2007, 08:46 AM
I have to say that the customer service at Tenniswarehouse is so far the best I have even experienced, either online or at actual stores. It is more amazing that they can maintain such great service after they get more and more business. Usually, that is not the case for a lot of companies.

Thank you TW and keep up the good work.

In)SpiRe
10-31-2007, 05:06 PM
TW customer service is great. I havent had any problems. Keep up the good work TW!!!~

steebo
10-31-2007, 05:58 PM
I think they send subliminal messages making me spend too much money on their site, other than that, I think they are great.

sargeinaz
10-31-2007, 08:04 PM
They returned my shoes with no hassle and exchanged them as well. Nothing but good things to say here.
________
Suzuki dr-z400 history (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_DR-Z400)

Chauvalito
10-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I have never had a problem.

I have had minor issues which have been taken care of quickly.

jorel
11-05-2007, 06:33 AM
i think the problems are an anomaly rather than the standard. I think the perceived decrease in customer service comes from the fact that over the past few years, TW has exploded (I still remember a simpler time when there were no vlogs, no video, no pro player/stringer feedback and equipment, no TW exclusive offering especially reserved for pro players only)

TW has become a major player in the tennis retail industry (i would say number one by far) and for some reason, has become the apple in the eye of most pros and manufacturers (i dont know who they are sleeping with to obtain this status)

But with this explosion of business, lets put it this way. with the increase of people buying from them, more mistakes will crop up based on volume alone .
if they get things 99% correct back in 2000 and get things 99.5% correct in 2007

and back in 2000 they only had 100 customers, (they would have made 1 mistake)

but in 2007, with a 99.5% rating and lets say 1000 customers (they would have made 5 mistakes)

it looks like they made more mistakes but there rating is even better than back in 2000 (for example)

more people look like they are complaining but that doesnt necessarily reflect that TW service is going downhill

if anything, the offerings have been of more quality and rarity (Bosworth)

coolblue123
11-05-2007, 07:35 AM
TW customer service is awesome! I had some questions about some Yonex strings once and returned the strings. I got a call from TW rep helping me to find the right strings! For one of the biggest retailers for tennis products, they do an excellent job in helping customers get what they want.

ShooterMcMarco
11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I've ordered from TW probably over 20 times and I've never had a problem with an order or a representative.

equinox
11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
TW has very good customer service.

I've had no major problems and any minor ordering mistakes were quickly fixed.

I'm very happy doing business with TW.

Spencer,

Can you us a bit more insight into how you keep such decent staff?

What incentives and training do you have in place for staff?

What process do you use to follow up on performances and customer satisfaction?

Thanks.

fishuuuuu
11-05-2007, 10:22 AM
They have decent CSRs ... they just can't ever spell my name right over the phone ...

BreakPoint
11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
They have decent CSRs ... they just can't ever spell my name right over the phone ...
You mean they keep spelling your name with only four "u's" instead of five? ;) LOL