PDA

View Full Version : Canadians who use the classifieds section...

TheShaun
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM
when you purchase from a US TW member how much does shipping usually run you? what method of shipping do you use? fedex, ups, canada post/USPS? do you have to pay duty on your purchase when you recieve it?

any help would be appreciated...

10-19-2007, 07:06 AM
I've purchased many racquets from American sellers located in places like L.A., Austin, south Florida, Boston, Chicago etc.....if they us thw USPS to ship to me in Toronto their cost has been between $12 and $22 via Priority Mail (7-10 days).

Richie Rich
10-19-2007, 07:23 AM
never, ever use ups or fedex. they charge you a brokerage fee of around $30. usps doesn't charge this.

there is no duty, just gst and pst along with a $5 customs handling fee if shipped by usps

robkat
10-19-2007, 07:48 AM
US sellers using USPS just have to mark the customs forms as a "gift" and then the buyer does not have to pay any customs fees. I just sent a Volkl bag to Calgary, Alberta, Canada via Priority mail and it cost me $21 to ship. I live in S.E. Georgia. Also as a note USPS no longer offers parcel post service for international mailings.

TheShaun
10-19-2007, 09:19 AM
great, thanks. so definately go with the usps shipping. would it be best to ask the seller to mark down that it's a used tennis racquet?