PDA

View Full Version : prokennex help

TheShaun
10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
i saw a prokennex racquet at the used sporting goods store today for $30 but i don't rememebr the name of it. it wasn't the blackace. but it was "something" ace 95. it was a mostly dark green racquet. any idea?

VanGuy10
10-19-2007, 11:13 AM
what do you want to know about it??? you should have bought it. the one thing about the different colors, is that there are a ton of them. i dont think even pro kennex knows how many different versions there are. i dont know about the 95 sq in versions. but for the 90 sq in frames... there are alot... and i'm not kidding. i've been playing with them for quite some time. i have about 14 different kinds of 90 sq in pro kennex racquets and i love them. thats why i'm stocking up on them. currently trying to reproduce them through Vantage, but so far unsuccessful. finally someone that is interested in PK yes! if you can, you should definetly go back and pick it up, hit with it and let me know how it is.

If the raquet you saw was turquise/purple then that would be the composite destiny i believe... the frame the babolot pure drive is derived from. babolot actually purchased the original pure drive from pro kennex. it was a PK mold that was virtually untouched, painted with babolot colors and the babolot emblem stamped on. i think the team, and roddick versions are currently a little different.

TheShaun
10-19-2007, 11:38 AM
it was missing the throat grommets and a piece on the side of the hoop. and i can't remember what ace model it was. if you can give me a list of the ace line i'll be able to remeber.

GoochMoney
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
what do you want to know about it??? you should have bought it. the one thing about the different colors, is that there are a ton of them. i dont think even pro kennex knows how many different versions there are. i dont know about the 95 sq in versions. but for the 90 sq in frames... there are alot... and i'm not kidding. i've been playing with them for quite some time. i have about 14 different kinds of 90 sq in pro kennex racquets and i love them. thats why i'm stocking up on them. currently trying to reproduce them through Vantage, but so far unsuccessful. finally someone that is interested in PK yes! if you can, you should definetly go back and pick it up, hit with it and let me know how it is.

If the raquet you saw was turquise/purple then that would be the composite destiny i believe... the frame the babolot pure drive is derived from. babolot actually purchased the original pure drive from pro kennex. it was a PK mold that was virtually untouched, painted with babolot colors and the babolot emblem stamped on. i think the team, and roddick versions are currently a little different.

I have two PK ProComps from that late eighties...if you are interested in them shoot me an email - tennis . stringer@hotmail . com

Steve Huff
10-19-2007, 09:34 PM
For an old racket in that shape, he's asking too much. The "Ace 95" series was not their top line. It was the cheaper line that was sold in discount stores. The top line back the was "______ Ace", like Black Ace, Silver Ace, Bronze Ace, etc. The different models had different percentages of graphite in them, and were therefore, of different flexes. The Black Ace was 100% graphite, the Silver was 80%Graphite/20% Fiberglass, and down through the Bronze, Copper, etc. No telling the makeup of the Ace 95 series rackets. If you want one, look for the top line of rackets.

TheShaun
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
no, i'm not looking for one. just thought i may have come across a good find. thanks for your help.

VanGuy10
10-20-2007, 08:25 AM
True true. if there are damages to the racquet I agree, its not worth the $30 to buy it. Though, it would have been interesting. All the PK Ace series and other mid size racquets have different weights as well as balance points. Its been quite interesting to fiddle around and find the right ones. Some work great from the base... but up front I notice the difference in angling and power... the weight though small was definetly noticeable.