PDA

View Full Version : federer's new haircut

ShooterMcMarco
11-15-2004, 01:00 AM
yes, the ponytail is GONE. now he looks like guga

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/3855583.jpg

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/3855575.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041114/capt.txdp10711141740.masters_cup_txdp107.jpg

if you want to see more http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=C&nbc 1=1

robbie_dademo
11-15-2004, 01:36 AM
he so looks like moya i reckon with the headband, i dont know where the guga comparison comes from

pound cat
11-15-2004, 03:46 AM
i can't see that this is any beter. Now he's got that strand of hair hanging down in front . and I don't think he'll look terrific wearing this wide hairband & hair flying around on top. Guess I'll see it revealed this afternoon.

BLiND
11-15-2004, 04:30 AM
PUT THE BANDANA ON THE FLOOR AND WALK AWAY, FEDERER

Noelle
11-15-2004, 04:42 AM
I dunno. I'm loving the new hair.

Morpheus
11-15-2004, 05:36 AM
He looks a lot like Connors in that top pic.

rhubarb
11-15-2004, 05:56 AM
He looks a lot like Connors in that top pic.

Mmm, so he does.

fantom
11-15-2004, 07:08 AM
It will only be a few months before his hair begins to resemble Coria's. Somehow I think that people will continue to make fun of Coria's hair and ogle at Roger's, though.

@wright
11-15-2004, 07:39 AM
I think it looks good, not any better or worse than the 'tail. I'm sure he won't let it turn into a mullet though.

Roforot
11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Sampson has cut his hair!!

rhubarb
11-15-2004, 08:23 AM
It will only be a few months before his hair begins to resemble Coria's.

I doubt it. Federer's apparently promised to have it cut even shorter than it is now. Let's just hope he doesn't go for the Roddick look.

Marius_Hancu
11-15-2004, 08:26 AM
Sampson has cut his hair!!

Perhaps it was Delilah/Mirka?:-)

Hopefully he donated the shorn locks to a worthwhile charity, Rafter got something like $25,000 from his ...

Rabbit
11-15-2004, 08:57 AM
First, no coach
then, his girlfriend manages his business
now, he gets his hair cut......

what's next, a real job?

mrwise
11-15-2004, 09:13 AM
I forget. Did Agassi go into a slump after he cut his hair off and started shaving his head? Ooops...I forgot he was just wearing a hat to cover up his bald head with some hair taped to the back. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Federer.

Nyl
11-15-2004, 10:36 AM
i think fed looks better w/ the ponytail, he looked more artistic w/ it as he's the artist on court.

Shaolin
11-15-2004, 11:19 AM
LOL Rabbit

@wright
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Rabbit's been listening to George Thorogood cd's.

Rabbit
11-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Negative on the George Thorogood and the Delware Destroyers......

I've been listening to

1. Jean Luc-Ponty
2. Black Sabbath (Paranoid & Sabbath Bloody Sabbath)
3. Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
4. The Righteous Reverend Al Green
5. Diana Krall
6. Deep Purple

Brettolius
11-15-2004, 12:22 PM
some jean juc-ponty? you got any mahivishnu orchestra in that mix, rabbit? nice variety i must say, very impressed and agree. you ever listen to the california guitar trio? i'm stoked, going to see them tomorrow. isn't it sad that unlike sports, the best musicians in the world are relegated to playing crappy,smokey little bars while talentless fools like creed and the like are playing sold out tours? but it at least makes it like if you were able to see agassi-sampras with 15 people in the joint.sorry about that impromptu little ramble

ShooterMcMarco
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
yeah, if he starts losing with this haircut he better:

a.) shape it into a mullet
b.) go bald
c.) grow it out into a ponytail again
d.) shave it into a flat top

elbuzzard
11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
lol mr wise

rabbit. sabbath rules!!!!!!!!!best band in the world. besides the melvins.....

Rabbit
11-15-2004, 03:30 PM
you ever listen to the california guitar trio?

Yeah I did. They had one pseudo-hit around here on radio that was a remake of someone else's. It was awesome.

thejackal
11-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Is that a black n-code on the second pic? or am I seeing things? Because if so that's a cool looking stick.

Andy Zarzuela
11-15-2004, 05:52 PM
yes, the ponytail is GONE. now he looks like guga

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/3855583.jpg

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/3855575.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041114/capt.txdp10711141740.masters_cup_txdp107.jpg

if you want to see more http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=C&nbc 1=1

He looks more masculine. Even though I'm a guy, but I'm sure I can speak for most girls.....that his haircut makes him look more handsome. But seriously folks, what I just said is nothing compared to what I heard Cliff Drysdale and the Mac bros talking about. They were talking about how Roddick is a "good looking guy." Which there is nothing wrong with saying such things, if you're comfortable enough with your sexuallity. Anyway, that's just an off note 2 cents.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)

kooyah
11-15-2004, 05:58 PM
I think the new haircut looks really good. It's a nice change.

ShooterMcMarco
11-15-2004, 11:17 PM
the haircut looked better in real time than in pics. i give it the"ok."

i know why he cut his hair though. less hair would mean that his head is lighter, which makes it a lot easier for him to keep his head still for balance :D

Noelle
11-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Can I just say his nose looks less hooked now that his hair is shorter? And his chin doesn't seem to protrude as much.

ucd_ace
11-16-2004, 08:34 AM
It will only be a few months before his hair begins to resemble Coria's. Somehow I think that people will continue to make fun of Coria's hair and ogle at Roger's, though.

I was thinking the same thing; it looks like Coria's hair to me.

rhubarb
11-16-2004, 09:08 AM

I was thinking the same thing; it looks like Coria's hair to me.

Coria's hair is much longer than Federer's though. Roger's is way better, before or after cut :)

@wright
11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
How does that look like Coria's hair?, Coria wears a backwards cap with his Kentucky waterfall careening out back...

fantom
11-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Just give it a couple of months. He'll grow a neck blanket just like Coria's.

Brettolius
11-16-2004, 10:28 AM
hey hey hey, hold up there @wright. i'm in kentucky, and here we call it the tennessee top hat, the soccer rocker, the mississippi mudflap, or maybe even the achy-breaky big-mistakey, but never the kentucky waterfall. there's better, more descriptive monikers than that!

mista-k
11-26-2004, 07:20 AM
this posting sounds all so gay.... :lol:

@wright
11-26-2004, 08:09 AM
sorry, Brett, didn't know there were actually any kentuckians on the boards. It seems each southern state makes fun of all the others. My personal favorites are the ones you've mentioned, plus: yep-nope, ape drape, and missouri compromise. Also, any mullet nickname that deals with a state or region can be replaced with Canadian in a bind. eg. canadian mudflap, canadian waterfall, canadian compromise, etc.

Rickson
11-26-2004, 09:34 AM
I forget. Did Agassi go into a slump after he cut his hair off and started shaving his head? Ooops...I forgot he was just wearing a hat to cover up his bald head with some hair taped to the back. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Federer.
I don't think Agassi had much choice in his decision to shave his head. Agassi would have looked like Hulk Hogan if he kept his long hair with nothing on the top.

VamosRafa
11-27-2004, 04:38 PM
I love his haircut. He's so GQ now.

So I asked him about it in Houston -- I knew you guys (and especially gals) would all want to know about it :lol: And it looks as though he's not going longer any time soon.

And what's this about Guga? More like Orlando Bloom. :lol:

Q. Your fans have been very complimentary of your hair. They were very happy with your new haircut.

FEDERER: Oh, they are (smiling)?

Q. Did you do it for a photo shoot or something?

FEDERER: No, I didn't do it for a photo shoot at all, no. I cut my hair in Toronto a few months ago, and it was already a bit shorter. Then I couldn't tie it up all the way anymore, so I thought, you know, might as well just cut it a little bit more.

And who knows, you know, in a couple of weeks, months, I might go even shorter. But I didn't want to go radical all the way, so I just went step by step - same in a tournament (smiling).

ShooterMcMarco
11-27-2004, 07:45 PM
I don't think Agassi had much choice in his decision to shave his head. Agassi would have looked like Hulk Hogan if he kept his long hair with nothing on the top.

i still think that agassi shoulda kept the mullet :D but i guess he wants to be more aerodynamic