PDA

View Full Version : Aerostorms place on the Babolat chart

kanjii
10-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Hello all,

Where does the Aerostorm fall in the Babolat players chart. I play with the APDC because it is a little more arm friendly (actually shoulder friendlier) than the PDR. Pure baseliner with western forehand and 1hbh. I am looking for a little more power than the APDC and was wondering does this racquet fall in between or closer to either racquet? I notice I play more of a superwestern when playing with the APDC and more semiwestern to western with the PDR.

Thanks for the responds.

PED
10-19-2007, 03:55 AM
The aerostorm is good bit heavier than the apdc. It weighs in at 12.3 with a dampener and overgrip. The added weight gives it great stability and the ability to hit a really heavy ball without much added effort on your part. I play with an apdc and my son uses the aerostorm. I still prefer my apdc but i've added weight to bring it up to around 11.8. Give it a try they're both great but different. I prefer the aerostorm to the storm tour though.

herosol
10-19-2007, 09:13 AM
its high on the player's tier because there aren't many of those, so in terms of low power being the deciding factor

1. Pure Storm Tour
2. Aerostorm
3. Pure Storm
4. Aeroprodrive w/ Cortex
5. Pure Drive w/ Cortex
6. The other ones (Z-lite, etc)

i didnt include Aeropro Control because that is just the Aerostorm mold without cortex.

LPShanet
10-19-2007, 05:48 PM
its high on the player's tier because there aren't many of those, so in terms of low power being the deciding factor

1. Pure Storm Tour
2. Aerostorm
3. Pure Storm
4. Aeroprodrive w/ Cortex
5. Pure Drive w/ Cortex
6. The other ones (Z-lite, etc)

i didnt include Aeropro Control because that is just the Aerostorm mold without cortex.

Your order is correct. Think of the Aerostorm as basically a slightly stiffer Pure Storm Tour with Aeromodular technology.

However, your statement about Aeropro Control is not accurate. The Aeropro Control had a different layup compostion, profile and internal structure from the Aerostorm and was EXTREMELY stiff. Even stiffer than the Drive. Very few players seemed to like it, so they redesigned the frame to achieve what it was originally meant to and called it the Aerostorm. The resulting frame is basically like a Pure Control (stiffness about 68) but with the Aeromodular shape. It's in the right place on your list, though. And no point in including the Aeropro Control anyway, since no one likes it:)

kanjii
10-19-2007, 11:27 PM
So then, if I am looking for power and control, Aerostorm is not it. But if I want a control finesse racquet where technique is near perfect..this is a good choice. My technique would not fit this racquet, would you agree?

TennisandMusic
10-20-2007, 12:21 AM
So then, if I am looking for power and control, Aerostorm is not it. But if I want a control finesse racquet where technique is near perfect..this is a good choice. My technique would not fit this racquet, would you agree?

The Aerostorm has a decent amount of power. I'm playing with both the storm tour and aero storm at the moment to try and pick one, and the aero storm is very solid. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "finesse racquet"...

galatti
10-20-2007, 03:55 AM
The Aerostorm has a decent amount of power. I'm playing with both the storm tour and aero storm at the moment to try and pick one, and the aero storm is very solid. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "finesse racquet"...

Let we know your final decision :)

ledor
10-20-2007, 06:53 AM
power - stiffer frame. or you can try lower your tension and try good multi like biphase x1 or nxt, or if money is no object, natural gut.

and yes the order is correct there.

rscottdds
10-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Babolat's site has it as follows (going from lowest power to highest)

Aero storm
Pure Storm Tour
Pure Storm
Aeropro Drive
Pure Drive
PDR

http://www.babolat.com/english/tennis/rackets/index.php

-Robert

LPShanet
10-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Finesse probably isn't the way to describe it. The Aero series isn't known for its feel or finesse. You're right about the control vs. power part, though. If you don't supply plenty of your own power via a long fast swing, you may want to look further along the power chart. The Pure Storm Tour, even though it has minimal power, has more "feel" than the Aerostorm, but in my personal hitting experience, it's about the same or the tiniest bit less powerful, despite their rankings.

LPShanet
10-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Hello all,

Where does the Aerostorm fall in the Babolat players chart. I play with the APDC because it is a little more arm friendly (actually shoulder friendlier) than the PDR. Pure baseliner with western forehand and 1hbh. I am looking for a little more power than the APDC and was wondering does this racquet fall in between or closer to either racquet? I notice I play more of a superwestern when playing with the APDC and more semiwestern to western with the PDR.

Thanks for the responds.

By the way, you're already at the power end of Babolat's players racquets with the two you mention (APDC and PDR). At this point, if you're looking for more power, you may want to do it with adjusting weight and balance on the APDC or PDR. Or try a more powerful string.