PDA

View Full Version : Van Der Meer Tennis Clinic Hilton Head

ssabaste
03-18-2004, 08:00 PM
I am attending the Adult Clinic being led by Mr. Van der Meer in April. Has anyone else attended these clinics? What are the facilities and instructors like at Shipyard? I am a 3.5 player and I am going to try and attempt to take the additional Adult Drills that are run in the afternoon (they are listed in the brochure as being for 4.0 to 5.5 players) as well as the clinic in the morning. Has anyone taken both sessions, and could let me know if I am "way over my head" in trying to bump up to the drill sessions?

Any opinions and recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

edge
03-18-2004, 09:03 PM
They run a good fun clinic, not anywhere as intense as Saddlebook. Get in the highest clinic you can, most people overate themselves anyway. If you're in too high, you will know it immediately.

Japanese Maple
03-22-2004, 12:16 PM
The shipyard facilities are excellent and I am sure the instruction
is very good. Don't be intimidated by advance level clinics, if the
level is over your head they will move you anyway. Make sure
you get in excellent shape and do plenty of strecthing ,whirlpools,
and several massges.

SteveI
03-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Hi ssabaste,

I am going to be on Hilton Head April 3-10... drop me an e-mail if you have any interest to trying to hook up if you are there on those dates. Tennisguy63t@aol.com

Regards,
Steve

rogercox
04-21-2004, 05:39 AM
You can get more information and read the reviews of people who've attended by visiting http://travel.tennis-warehouse.com/TWTravel/Shipyard.cfm