PDA

View Full Version : anyone know stiffness rate on Wilson Reflex

matchmaker
10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I have three Wilson Reflex midsizes I like a lot and play with as my main stick now. I would really like to know its flex ratings and composition. That way I can watch out for similar racquets whenever they pass away.

TheFonz
10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I have three Wilson Reflex midsizes I like a lot and play with as my main stick now. I would really like to know its flex ratings and composition. That way I can watch out for similar racquets whenever they pass away.

Is it the white racquet? I have a few of those in the closet. I'm not sure of the actual flex, but I'm a pretty good guestimator of such things.

I would say....

flex is somewhere around 57
swing weight = 318

It's been a while since I've used it though.

matchmaker
10-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Is it the white racquet? I have a few of those in the closet. I'm not sure of the actual flex, but I'm a pretty good guestimator of such things.

I would say....

flex is somewhere around 57
swing weight = 318

It's been a while since I've used it though.

TheFonz,

I think you are indeed a good guestimator because I was actually thinking more or less the same, so that makes two of us. Yes it is the white racquet. 85 sq. inch, PWS, strung weight (without overgrips or dampener) 354 gr on the digital scale, 19 mm straight beam, more or less 8pts headlight.

So it would be semi-flexible let's say. That is the way it plays, some flex in the throat, the hoop being more rigid.
In fact I find this a very powerful frame if you hit the ball well, don't know if you have the same experience? Good for firm volleys too.

The strange thing is that not all racquets with the same flex rating play the same. I demoed a 57 RDC racquet this week and it noticeably took away power from the ball. The flex did not seem to be uniform like the Wilson Reflex but rather at a precise point in space and time, slowing down the ball.

Anyway, thanks for your help. If you ever think of selling the ones you have in your closet.... let me know. :grin: I don't know why but this racquet brings the best out of me and, very important, does not cause me tennis elbow.

TheFonz
10-19-2007, 09:52 AM
TheFonz,

I think you are indeed a good guestimator because I was actually thinking more or less the same, so that makes two of us. Yes it is the white racquet. 85 sq. inch, PWS, strung weight (without overgrips or dampener) 354 gr on the digital scale, 19 mm straight beam, more or less 8pts headlight.

So it would be semi-flexible let's say. That is the way it plays, some flex in the throat, the hoop being more rigid.
In fact I find this a very powerful frame if you hit the ball well, don't know if you have the same experience? Good for firm volleys too.

The strange thing is that not all racquets with the same flex rating play the same. I demoed a 57 RDC racquet this week and it noticeably took away power from the ball. The flex did not seem to be uniform like the Wilson Reflex but rather at a precise point in space and time, slowing down the ball.

Anyway, thanks for your help. If you ever think of selling the ones you have in your closet.... let me know. :grin: I don't know why but this racquet brings the best out of me and, very important, does not cause me tennis elbow.

Your welcome. You don't want the ones I have. They are to the point of being unplayable from court damage to the upper hoop.

Your right about the flex being different from one racquet to the other. The one that comes to mind as being the closest that I've played with is the Yonex RDX 500 mid (or midplus to some extent). They have that same flex feeling and bend in the same manner.