PDA

View Full Version : Ah! I hate my size sometimes!

Brett
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I am 6'1", 165. So you can tell I am tall and skinny.

Just now I go to American Eagle to look for some pants and NOTHING fits me in the length. I usually wear a 30 x 32 but I looked for pants there and they all go to like my ankle. It's ridiculous.

Where do you other tall guys shop for good pant lengths? Gap? I have no clue, lol.

justsomeguy
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
The Buckle is the place. I'm 6'8" and buy all my jeans and chinos there. If you don't have one near you, their website is nice. You can always go to a "Big and Tall Polyester Male" type store if you want to buy clothes that were in style 15 years ago. Nothing like stonewashed Levi 550s with tapered legs that come up to your nipples!;)

Professor Silvian Kuerton
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
that new line of clothing that just came out would probably appeal to you, Klothing by Karlovic

yodudedudeyo
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
...you seriously need to stop complaining about how tall you are. shorter men have all the problems. I'm 5'5 and im a freshman in college. you think chicks dig a 5'5 man? nooooo they all want the big tall burley man who can protect them if something happens. people naturally perceive tall men as smarter, more attractive, etc. so please, save your 'im too tall so i cant find pants, this sucks' notion.

...i would kill a cat to be that tall. maybe even more, two cats even.

Professor Silvian Kuerton
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah i know i thought he was going to complain about his penis size... but "i'm too tall!"? what a rip off

Mastermind
10-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I am 6'0" and 141 lbs, I believe there is something like 4 or 5% body fat on me. I wear 32 x 34 size pants. It's always a struggle to find some that I like, let alone to find the size at all.

justsomeguy
10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
you think chicks dig a 5'5 man? nooooo they all want the big tall burley man who can protect them if something happens. people naturally perceive tall men as smarter, more attractive, etc.

This is all true. It's a tough life I tell ya.:grin:

Serpententacle
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Try Abercrombie & Fitch. Their clothes are of much better quality than American Eagle. Of course I'm bais, b/c my wife works at Headquarters for A & F.

Seriously, though... A & F is of superior quality, especially in jeans for men. Give them a try.

By the way, I'm 5'10 and wear 31 x 30... I'm quite slim myself... Jeans fit great. I've looked for years for a good fitting jean. Once my wife landed her tech-design job, and I went for A & F, never found a jean to fit better. They have various "cuts" to choose from as well. And you might notice that some pairs look "beat-up"... they're supposed to look that way. They're still durable.

quest01
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Try Abercrombie & Fitch. Their clothes are of much better quality than American Eagle. Of course I'm bais, b/c my wife works at Headquarters for A & F.

Seriously, though... A & F is of superior quality, especially in jeans for men. Give them a try.

I never liked Abercrombie and Fitch. I always hated the annoying techno music they played in the store.

Also as a side note im the same height as Pete Sampras and Roger Federer. Ya i know what your thinking.

stormholloway
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I gotta admit this is a pretty lame complaint. 30" does seem a bit small for a 6'+ individual, but it's hardly unmanageable.

Jonnyf
10-19-2007, 11:46 AM
To the op, you're just going to have to get a bigger waist size, That's what I have to do for the majority of my trousers (I'm 6'2.5 with a 30 inch waist)

onehandbh
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I am 6'1", 165. So you can tell I am tall and skinny.

Just now I go to American Eagle to look for some pants and NOTHING fits me in the length. I usually wear a 30 x 32 but I looked for pants there and they all go to like my ankle. It's ridiculous.

Where do you other tall guys shop for good pant lengths? Gap? I have no clue, lol.

uh... try on a different pair like maybe 30x33 or 30x34. Maybe another store unless you live in
a remote part of the universe where American Eagle is the only clothing store and hemming is
not possible.

Breaker
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Agreed, perhaps you should have tried another store instead of speeding home to complain on TTW.

hjminard
10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
...you seriously need to stop complaining about how tall you are. shorter men have all the problems. I'm 5'5 and im a freshman in college. you think chicks dig a 5'5 man? nooooo they all want the big tall burley man who can protect them if something happens. people naturally perceive tall men as smarter, more attractive, etc. so please, save your 'im too tall so i cant find pants, this sucks' notion.

:)

That's funny.

And true.

I'd also add that clothes hang/look WAY better on a tall, thin man than they do on short stocky fellas.

Mr.Federer
10-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Dude, how can being 6'1 be hard for finding pants? I'm 6'0 and I don't have any trouble whatsoever. I mean, one inch can't make all the difference in the world right?

Phil
10-21-2007, 11:38 AM
It's nice that we can all put aside the problems of the world-global warming, the Middle East, etc.-in order to help TW TT's favorite scatter-brained metro-se-xual find himself some pants that fit. Anything for you, Brett!

Rickson
10-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm 5'5 and im a freshman in college. you think chicks dig a 5'5 man? nooooo they all want the big tall burley man who can protect them if something happens.

Are you related to Mohamed Atta by any chance?

dacrymn
10-21-2007, 11:57 AM
so please, save your 'im too tall so i cant find pants, this sucks' notion.

Haha that was hilarious

goober
10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Dude, how can being 6'1 be hard for finding pants? I'm 6'0 and I don't have any trouble whatsoever. I mean, one inch can't make all the difference in the world right?

I think he was getting at the skinny and tall combo. But I have seen plenty of 30x34 pants sizes in stores so I don't know what he is going on about.

Shabazza
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Since when is 165 at 6'1'' skinny :confused:
6'1'' isn't that tall anyway.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
:-) I'm 6'6 and 162lbs right now, and I shop very random just hoping to find something of length that isn't extremely expensive, but I'm in the USA at the moment. I don't have problems finding trousers to fit in Germany even if looking for inseam of 46 and waist 30 or 32.

Shabazza
10-21-2007, 12:50 PM
:-) I'm 6'6 and 162lbs right now, and I shop very random just hoping to find something of length that isn't extremely expensive, but I'm in the USA at the moment. I don't have problems finding trousers to fit in Germany.

Yep. 6'1'' and 165 that's average here. I would never think of someone looking like this as "tall and skinny", but whatever...
edit: Your location is wrong then. ;)

Phil
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
:-) I'm 6'6 and 162lbs right now, and I shop very random just hoping to find something of length that isn't extremely expensive, but I'm in the USA at the moment. I don't have problems finding trousers to fit in Germany even if looking for inseam of 46 and waist 30 or 32.
For some reason, I thought you were female. The height (probably) clears up this gender ignorance on my part.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
10-21-2007, 12:55 PM
It's the long red hair. I get that a lot LOL

Photoshop
10-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I feel ya buddy. I'm 7'8" and 250lbs, kinda tall and skinny type, and I can NEVER find anything in my size, ever! I guess I'm too tall!!!

Phil
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
It's the long red hair. I get that a lot LOL
Is that what it is...ahh, sure, I guess that was what fooled me...

Rickson
10-21-2007, 01:19 PM

6'1 isn't that tall and 165 at that height isn't that skinny. The OP is not looking that hard for pants because 30x32 isn't a tough fit to find. 32 is not a long inseam btw.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Is that what it is...ahh, sure, I guess that was what fooled me...

LOL Nah, it's likely the fact I've mentioned I have a husband on some thread or another...

MomentumGT
10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
If you're 6"1', skinney and complaining...you must be Emo. Try women's jeans, flat iron your hair so it covers half your face and walk around saying 'life is pain'. Jeez I wish I was that tall. I'm 5"5' and all my jeans that I had to hem were over 30 so I don't see the problem.

To the other poster who said chicks don't dig shorter and stockier guys - your game might need fixing. You'll learn, its part of the "college experience". Freshmen college guys don't usually get that much attention anyways so generally they're going to have to work harder for it ;) .

-Jon

Mr.Federer
10-22-2007, 07:17 AM

That's what I was thinking, I mean anybody that's 5'10 to 6'2 has a pretty good height. For me somebody that was tall is 6'5 and over lol.

Fatmike
10-22-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm 6'0'' and 165.

I Wear 34x34 pants. Never had any problems.

GRANITECHIEF
10-22-2007, 02:12 PM
:-) I'm 6'6 and 162lbs right now, .

Dude (at least i hope so), if you aren't full of it, you need to go get a 12 pack of triple cheese burgers, a one year supply of protein powder (to be consumed in 1 month) and do some high weight low rep workouts.

You are an inch taller than me and 50 lbs lighter and i've been told i look thin.

And i never have problems finding 36x36.

gerikoh
10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
i'm just 5'9 and just some 134lbs light.

but i'm still a teen so hope i could at least reach the 6 foot margin.

well i would feel very awkward when dating those supermodels :D

so don't complain hehe

Andres
10-23-2007, 04:31 AM
I'm 6'4'' 200 lbs. And I have NO problems finding clothing (besides shoes) and I am quite thin.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
11-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Dude (at least i hope so), if you aren't full of it, you need to go get a 12 pack of triple cheese burgers, a one year supply of protein powder (to be consumed in 1 month) and do some high weight low rep workouts.

You are an inch taller than me and 50 lbs lighter and i've been told i look thin.

And i never have problems finding 36x36.

Welllll that's one of those things, I don't like meat, cheese or often bread so cheeseburgers would be out. I've always been quite thin. And yeah, I am a dude. True, if I wanted to bulk up I'd do such exercises but I like being able to fly away in the breeze :-)