PDA

View Full Version : Good Poly Mains

jvis
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Alright im gonna buy a reel of Gosen OG Sheep Micro because its really cheap and for me it works awesome but I want a really good Poly to put in the mains, so far im gonna try Alu Rough, Redcode and PHT and price isnt a huge factor. Any suggestions on really good Polys or maybe even a better substitute for the Gosen?

Jonny S&V
10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Alright im gonna buy a reel of Gosen OG Sheep Micro because its really cheap and for me it works awesome but I want a really good Poly to put in the mains, so far im gonna try Alu Rough, Redcode and PHT and price isnt a huge factor. Any suggestions on really good Polys or maybe even a better substitute for the Gosen?

I would get Topspin Cyberflash, just to try it out. The new Topspin strings that just came out are supposed to be really good too.

jvis
10-19-2007, 02:07 PM
thx. ill add that to my list

Jonny S&V
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
thx. ill add that to my list

Sorry, I couldn't remember the name of it, found it:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACALPHA-CPOW17.html

jvis
10-19-2007, 02:11 PM
That looks sweet and thanks for putting the link up im definitely gonna try it

jvis
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
BTW any recommended tensions for the poly and the syn gut. Polys kinda stiff so i should probably string it a bit lower right?

Jonny S&V
10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
BTW any recommended tensions for the poly and the syn gut. Polys kinda stiff so i should probably string it a bit lower right?

About 3-4 lbs lower on the polys. The syn guts should be tighter.

jvis
10-19-2007, 02:38 PM
So like a 56-57 0n the syn gut and a 53-54 on the poly? thanks for the help!

Jonny S&V
10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
So like a 56-57 0n the syn gut and a 53-54 on the poly? thanks for the help!

Yeah, sounds good.

jvis
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
any other suggestions people?
Thanks for all input

rlee7777
10-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Not available on TW, but I am using Gosen Micro 17 crosses with Pro Supex Premier Ace 1.20mm mains and it is fantastic as a control hybrid. 53M/57C tension on Prince TT Warrior OS. Great pinpoint control, good comfort, med-low power. Had SPPP 1.18mm which worked fine as mains, but tended toward a boardy feel. Cyberflash 1.25mm did not seem to have the same control -- some trampolining effect over time even at the 53M/57c tension. I would recommend Premier Ace 1.20mm or Big Ace 1.22mm (more power) as a hybrid with Gosen OG Micro 17.

(Was very skeptical about Pro Supex prior to trying it out)

jvis
10-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Alright so ive got Big Ace Pro Supex and Cyber Power. BTW im a 4.0 player who hits quite flat but is trying to generate more spin on the fh i am good at net and are pretty solid with my serves. FH are my big weapon like to play with a variety of different shots like slice, angles, dropshots etc. I also use an AG 300. Hope this helps :D

shojun25
10-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Cybeflash reel - great string for a great deal if you buy in reels

Techniques
10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Alright so ive got Big Ace Pro Supex and Cyber Power. BTW im a 4.0 player who hits quite flat but is trying to generate more spin on the fh i am good at net and are pretty solid with my serves. FH are my big weapon like to play with a variety of different shots like slice, angles, dropshots etc. I also use an AG 300. Hope this helps :D

I think you should try SPPP if you want more spin. You will instantly get more spin. At first SPPP feels boardy- you need to break it in. An hour or so of play should do this- this depends on your standard though.

tbini87
10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
looks like you already have some good strings to check out! blue gear and sppp are two more choices to look into.

jvis
10-20-2007, 08:42 AM
So im gonna try out sppp, PHT, Redcode, Alu Rough, Cyber Power. Sorry but TW doesnt sell Pro Supex strings and neither do any of the shops in my city so i cant get them. Unless there is a good website that sells tthem. is there? thx :-)

tenniskid3119
10-20-2007, 08:46 AM
So im gonna try out sppp, PHT, Redcode, Alu Rough, Cyber Power. Sorry but TW doesnt sell Pro Supex strings and neither do any of the shops in my city so i cant get them. Unless there is a good website that sells tthem. is there? thx :-)

for pro supex go here (it is typed backwards)

moc.sulPtopeDsgnirtS.www

jvis
10-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow thanks for the website ive narrowed it down to three strings either Blue Gear or Big Ace (I need your help which is better?) Cyber Power and probably the Alu rough but that couls change. So if you have tried both or just one of these strings (Blue Gear or Big Ace or any other polys that you enjoyed please give some feedback.)

jvis
10-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Blue Gear looks really cool espescially the color :)

rlee777
10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Pro Supex Blue Gear plays differently than Big Ace though the material is the same. Apparently it is stiffer with less playability. I would recommend Big Ace. (comes in cool colors too)

jvis
10-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah i think ill order a reel of Big ace (Red) and Cyber Power both are cool colors and big ace from wat ive read is better than Blue Gear. Cyber Power looks like a real good string too.

Does Gosen look like a good cross string and should i get the $30 gosen OG micro for 600 feet or the GOsen OG sheep micro at 330 feet for $35. is there a huge difference between the two or just the name. If there is a better fairly inexpensive but good cross string please leave som feedback. cross strings dont do that much other than soften up or stiffen the string bed in a hybrid right? thanks :-D

teppeiahn1
10-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I think if you are going to get lux, just go with Supex. Way cheaper and same or even better quality.

Some polys I reccomend are Kirschbaum pro line 2, Top spin cyber flash, the ISOSPEED has some good polys. These IMO are very good polys for a cheap price.

GeoffB
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd second the recommendation of Signum Pro Poly Plasma (referred to as SPPP in an earlier post). I'm using this with Gosen in my PDR and POG Mids. I'm doing the SPPP in the mains.

This is a good combo. I started out using synthetic gut, which snapped in my PDR in about 4 hours. Then I went to the Hurricane Pro/Xcel combo. Very very nice at first, but loses playability in about 6 hours - negating the advantage of durability - and it's expensive $15-$17 a set depending on where you go.

SPPP is durable, a little softer than most polys, and holds tension well. Oh - the previous poster is absolutely right that it plays like a board for the first hour, so you'll definitely want to break it in. If you get a reel of SPPP and Gosen and you do your own stringing, you can get your string job down to about $3.50 a racket, and you have quality strings in your racket.

Irvin
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Why you are going to inexpensive strings why not try the Gosen Polylon.

Irvin

jvis
10-12-2008, 05:29 PM
jvis. u r freakin rich. u dont break strings. i hear u have an amazing and good looking friend who strings racquets for a decent price. just go with that lux or buy it from this good looking friend ive heard so many good things about( go to kyril and il KILL U)

U just **** me off constantly. Ur not stringing my racquets anymore, Im not helping you order strings, why the hell are you bringing up my one year old threads anyway? Please go to hell.

RCizzle65
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
So would any store sell blue gear or would I have to go and order it online?