PDA

View Full Version : The 2 day cycle of tennis.

User Name
10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
It seems to me that tennis works in a two day cycle. One day, say your first time hitting in 1 week, you don't hit great, but you still hit. I typically force myself to try hard on these days to get my gave back in shape. Then, the next day, you hit great. Typically, what seems like the best tennis of your life. Then, the next day, you play well, but not great, then you play great the next day. This then continues, for a while until you begin playing a lot and are pretty consistent.

So, this always seems to be happening to me. Does this happen to anyone else, any reasons for this? thanks.

itsstephenyo
10-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Hmm. The exact opposite usually happens to me. I'm a busy college student, so I usually only get time to play maybe once during the week and on the weekends. Usually, after not playing for 2-3 weeks, the first day I come back, I hit very cleanly. Everything is really solid. The next hitting session goes right down the drain, though. Odd.

crazy8tiger
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
I get this sometimes too, I hate it when this happens to me because my confidence level just goes up and down. I hit much better when I'm calm but somedays I am playing not so great or really bad and I get really frustrated. Other days I'll be playing great and my confidence level stays high until I get a bad day.