PDA

View Full Version : When is the RDS line being discontinued?

snoflewis
10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Just wondering if you guys knew when Yonex was going to discontinued their RDS line. I know the RDX series was out for a few months after the RDS came out....and I expect the same trend, but do you guys have an exact time frame?

TennisandMusic
10-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes I would like to know this too. ;)

snoflewis
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
TW, any news?

Stan
10-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Even if they knew, you can't seriously expect them to answer this question. Answering would not make any business sense for TW. Any answer other than "they are not being discontinued" will reduce sales.

jmverdugo
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Somewhere in this forums somebody wrote that they wil be discontinued by the end of 2008. Also i think if TW announce that they will be discontinued the next week, the sales of this line will actually encrease, i know ill buy a least four more.

Stan
10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Also i think if TW announce that they will be discontinued the next week, the sales of this line will actually encrease, i know ill buy a least four more.

I would think that people would wait for them to go on sale if they are being discountinued.

snoflewis
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Even if they knew, you can't seriously expect them to answer this question. Answering would not make any business sense for TW. Any answer other than "they are not being discontinued" will reduce sales.

why would it reduce sales? it's obvious that whenever a new line of rackets comes out, the other one will eventually be phased out...and soon discontinued. even if they did announce it, it wouldn't reduce sales, since people will know that they're aren't gonna be anymore. for all we know, it might even drive up sales. also, even if the rackets are all sold out, there is still demand for the frames. why do you think the ps 6.0, ps 6.1, lm prestige mid, pc600 all made a comeback? because people are still willing to buy frames. im not saying the rds001 is on that platform of great rackets (minus the lm prestige mid) but there's still people on these forums who want the rdx500 mid...

and what business sense? they're gonna sell every racket they have, especially a flagship racket like the rds001...look at the rdx line...do you see TW carrying them still? and im pretty sure people know by now that the rdx line's been gone for a while.

snoflewis
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Somewhere in this forums somebody wrote that they wil be discontinued by the end of 2008. Also i think if TW announce that they will be discontinued the next week, the sales of this line will actually encrease, i know ill buy a least four more.

are you sure? 2008 sounds like a while. the rdx500 line only stayed around for a few months iirc.

snoflewis
10-22-2007, 12:33 PM
I would think that people would wait for them to go on sale if they are being discountinued.

isnt that what people are doing in the first place? that's like w/ any racket in the market. people using one racket wait for a new line of rackets to come out to get discounts on the other one, unless they're in dire need of them.

BreakPoint
10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
That's exactly why it doesn't make any business sense to reveal exactly when it'll be discontinued. For example, if you don't know when they will be discontinued or if you know that the RDS001 will not be discontinued until the end of 2008, you probably won't wait and just buy them now at the regular price. But if you know that they are going to be discontinued at the end of 2007, you will likely just wait a month or two and buy them at a discount.

jmverdugo
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Not sure really about that date, i read that information here but i think the person that wrote it got it from Yonex, better to wait for a confirmation form TW

jmverdugo
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
That's exactly why it doesn't make any business sense to reveal exactly when it'll be discontinued. For example, if you don't know when they will be discontinued or if you know that the RDS001 will not be discontinued until the end of 2008, you probably won't wait and just buy them now at the regular price. But if you know that they are going to be discontinued at the end of 2007, you will likely just wait a month or two and buy them at a discount.

this may be the bussiness mentality for a small company, but for a bigger company it is more convenient to be open with this information, it provides more trust to the customer, people will buy more rackets before the discontinuity date and of course after, this is good for the interest of companies so they can get rid of the old merchandise and find space for the new products. TW is not going bankrupt becase people decide to buy the rackets when they are on sale, they are still making profit of them.

TennezSport
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
The current RDS line has been a bit more successful than the RDX line and that is another reason that it will be on the market longer than the RDX line.

I came from ther RD7, Ti-80, and MP Tour-1 lines and really did not like the feel of the RDX line. When the RDS line was unveiled, I was relieved when the RDX series came out as the old yonex feel was back.

TennezSport :cool: