PDA

View Full Version : Lifehouse or Nickelback

PM_revisited
10-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I want to hear your thoughts. Which of these two bands do you enjoy listening to more?

edmondsm
10-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I thought this was going to be a "which band is crappier" poll. I was wrong. If I had to pick one, I would say that Nickelback inspires me to vomit a little less than Lifehouse. That's just me though.

adams_1
10-19-2007, 09:07 PM
We don't have to deal with any Lifehouse at all here. Nickelback, however, seem to always be on the radio, and that isn't really a good thing.

lovecr717
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
nickelback. i have serious addiction with their Far away

PM_revisited
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
nickelback. i have serious addiction with their Far away

Yeah that is a good song, for me it's First Time from Lifehouse. I cannot stop listening to it over and over and over:confused: :confused: :confused:

JohnS
10-20-2007, 09:37 PM
I would have to pick Lifehouse, becaues I can listen to their "no name, no face" cd over and over again. Nickelback has been around longer, and has recently come up with great material in the past year or two. Nickelback has funnier songs like Animal. Lifehouse is more serious.

rommil
10-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Even if somebody likes Nickelback, why would they admit it in public?

CanadianChic
10-21-2007, 12:36 AM
I will stand up and say that not only do I enjoy both groups, I have bought CD's and yes....wait for it....play them!! I like Lifehouse for their grasp of the melancholy love song, but Nickelback has my vote. Not only do they exude a sexy, raw energy but they are Canadian. I always favour my own (where applicable). ;)

jamauss
10-21-2007, 12:38 AM
haha, the hate for Nickelback is world-wide now I believe. Whatever it is, I know way more people that hate them than people that like them.

CanadianChic
10-21-2007, 12:40 AM
World wide my arse! They aren't exactly mainstream international. I was actually shocked to see a poster advertising them in Amsterdam but no one I know there had ever heard of them.

Hot Sauce
10-21-2007, 01:30 AM
..How could you hate Nickelback?

Duzza
10-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Nickelback's songs get stuck in your head way too much, so I'll say Lifehouse....I wish their was a "neither" choice.

JohnS
10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I guess. If no one like either, then they wouldn't be on the radio anymore. But guess what, they still produce music, cd's, and concerts. So, i guess, people do like them. Go figure, huh?

I'd admit that I like listening to both.

BTW: to the OP. What is your insight on both groups?

PM_revisited
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I guess. If no one like either, then they wouldn't be on the radio anymore. But guess what, they still produce music, cd's, and concerts. So, i guess, people do like them. Go figure, huh?

I'd admit that I like listening to both.

BTW: to the OP. What is your insight on both groups?

Hey JohnS. Well, I am Canadian and I chose these 2 particular groups because they both play really catchy tunes that are really commercial.

But being out here in Vancouver Nickelback is so mainstream it's played on the radio and Muchmusic all the time I wonder why they don't play any Lifehouse at all. A lot local support as well as a lot of ignorance to all the great music south of the border.

Right now I have to tip my hat off to Lifehouse...