PDA

View Full Version : Brand symbols on strings

tennisoh
10-20-2007, 07:57 AM
This might seem like a dumb question, but please remember I am fairly new to tennis.

When I get my nBlade restrung, my guy puts Prince strings on. They have no symbol on them whatsoever. Anyway, I was wondering, how do you get the "W" on the strings like you would if you bought a prestrung racquet? I know it isn't a big deal and doesn't affect the game any, but I wondered if that is something on the strings beforehand or if it is put on afterwards. Anyway, it is just something cosmetic that I wondered about.

Gorecki
10-20-2007, 08:04 AM
This might seem like a dumb question, but please remember I am fairly new to tennis.

When I get my nBlade restrung, my guy puts Prince strings on. They have no symbol on them whatsoever. Anyway, I was wondering, how do you get the "W" on the strings like you would if you bought a prestrung racquet? I know it isn't a big deal and doesn't affect the game any, but I wondered if that is something on the strings beforehand or if it is put on afterwards. Anyway, it is just something cosmetic that I wondered about.

Stencil... search for the word stencil in the forum search and you will get enlightend...

shojun25
10-20-2007, 09:37 AM
and you will need a permanent marker/stencil ink.

tennisoh
10-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Yea, I just read through some of them. Seems like no specific answer though on what to use for it to stick though. Also, do you just make your own stencils or can you buy them somewhere?

andyluong2001
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
you could buy the stencil here http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACWILSON-WSTENCIL.html

and the ink here http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACGAMMA-ALLINK.html

federer envies me
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
remember, if you use poly ink wont last very long

aeroman
10-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Stencil ink and a wilson stencil. Plastic ones are the best. Make sure not to get it on the frame, it is hard to get off (you can use rubbing alcohol though).
Aeroman

tbini87
10-20-2007, 04:36 PM
buy the stencil and some ink from tw. then have fun...

tennisoh
10-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys...I am learning new stuff every day about this sport!

tbini87
10-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys...I am learning new stuff every day about this sport!

everyone is a beginner at some point. it is crazy how much tennis knowledge is flying around this forum huh? pretty nice to have a place where people are willing to answer just about any of your questions!

Mad iX
10-21-2007, 02:36 AM
My local stringer will put the logo on when he re-strings.
So you can try asking yours if they do it or not.
Otherwise, it's $10 for the stencil and ink.