PDA

View Full Version : Isospeed Professional 17 (latest) vs. "classic" version

John Kawasaki
10-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Can anyone explain the difference between these two offerings of the Professional 17 g ? According to the picture/description of this string the "classic" version looks to be the same as the original version that was available from TW up to a couple of months ago. Is that true ? How does the newer version play by comparison and should we be stringing up 10% as been suggested before... ? ....thanks for any info....

NoobWannabe
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
probably the same with new packaging like most of the times...

samster
10-21-2007, 07:17 PM
The new version you don't need to pre-stretch or increase tension by 10%. You had to on the older version.

NoBadMojo
10-22-2007, 11:52 AM
there seems to be much confusion about these two strings and wrong info being parsed

have been using the isoPro (Classic) in a hybrid for some while. it comes on a prestreched reel and they advise no prestretch. they also suggest you up the tension 10%..the string quickly dumps the 10% and then stabilizes...i've found this to be true

according to the iso website, the new IsoPro should be strung 10-15% lower than usual, and I cant see where it mentions prestretching at all

hope this helps. TW seems to offer both versions. i have zero experience with the new one

PROTENNIS63
10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I think they should have named the new one Classic rather than vice versa. It is confusing and many people will buy the Professional right now thinking it is the old one. Somewhat of a stupid thing to do.