PDA

View Full Version : Hyper pro staff 5.0,

theone
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Any opinions on this racket? Most of the old posts complain about the stiffness.. Can anyone compare it to the HPS 6.1?

theone
11-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Just to get back on this can anyone give any feedback? Does the 5.0 really feel as uncomfortable as it's stiffness would suggest?

Glorious
11-18-2007, 08:41 AM
I used this racket for 8-10 yrs. It isn't necessarily a bad racket but I don't believe it's a great one. After using the K90 for a few sessions I can tell you, straight away, the head heavy balance of the 5.0 prostaff did not suit my game. It took me a while to figure this out, but it was well worth the discovery. I would demo both head light rackets and head heavy ones as well to determine your preference.

-Mark

plus
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
The prostaff 5.0 is (very) headlight though..
I think the main difference with the other prostaff clubs is its stiffness; its even more stiff than the 6,1 line, making the racket very boardy IMO.

Richie Rich
11-18-2007, 12:32 PM
if there is one racquet that you should NOT use poly in it's the HPS 5.0

MatMaster
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't know what racquet Glorious is talking about but the Hyper Pro Staff 5.0 is just like what plus said, a very head light racquet. Some people hated it because of it's stiffness but I actually liked that about the frame. It's also the best serving racquet I have ever used. Like someone said on the TW boards a few years ago it's as if someone at the Wilson factory sprinkled magic serving dust on them when they were being made. I never had any type of arm problems while using it even though I used a kevlar hybrid. If I were in the market for a new frame I would switch back to the 5.0.

Glorious
11-18-2007, 03:50 PM
My apologies, I mixed that up. It is head light.

wally
11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I used one, my wife and brother-in-law still use them.

lots of power and control for a "players" racquet. Very good on serves and volleys

I never had an arm problem when using it. As others have mentioned, I would not string this one up with a ful lpoly job.

The HPS 6.1 is not as head light, a tad lower powered and not quite as stiff. I'd say ist a very nice racquet as well.

NLBwell
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I demoed it for about an hour, played really well but had to stop because my arm hurt. I hadn't had my arm hurt for years before that. Needless to say, I didn't buy one. Definitely stiffer than the 6.1, but not super-power stiff - but still it was definitely an arm breaker for a lot of people.

theone
11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Are the groundstokes controllable with its power level? Well I guess the bryans controlled it but.. :D

nickb
11-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Stay away from it unless you have a bionic arm!

tnez13
11-19-2007, 08:49 AM
I played with this racquet for the last 6 or 7 years. Never gave me arm trouble. It does have a lot of power in it. A soft string is a must to cut the power some. I'm about to switch away from this racquet because I've been playing more recently and have grooved a fuller swing than when I played sporadically. I found the racquet to have a predictable response but it doesn't offer much feel back to the player.