PDA

View Full Version : Racquet suggestion

smiley74
10-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I am an advanced beg. player looking to move up from my cheap racquet to a competition racquet (NTRP 2.5/3.0). I have been playing 5 days a week but moving up to every day.

I don't want anything that will give me power or spin or has a huge sweet power (I want to develop the purity of my strokes on my own without using my racquet as a crutch).

If I could find a racquet that I could grow with a bit and have until I reach 4.0 that would be great.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks....:)

meowmix
10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
If you don't want to spend that much, try the LM radical (great racket, hate the paint job), the TT Warrior, Dunlop M-Fil 300, and Dunlop M-fil 200 2006. They're all pretty good rackets, decent sized sweetspots, not too heavy (not too light). They'll last you a while too. :)

iorsms
10-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I agree with Meowmix, Dunlop Mfil 300 and Mfil 200 (2006) are very reliable sticks. If you try Mfil 200 (2006), you may want to add some lead tape to it as the racquet swings a little lighter than the spec indicates.

smiley74
10-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks! I don't mind spending the money on a good quality racquet.....

So, if money isn't an issue would you still recommend these racquets or would you add others?

Also, at what level do players start using "guts"?

Thanks so much!

J011yroger
10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
I highly reccomend you read my guide to racquet selection. TONS of good info in there.

It is a sticky at the top of the racquets section.

J

smiley74
10-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I highly reccomend you read my guide to racquet selection. TONS of good info in there.

It is a sticky at the top of the racquets section.

J

Ahhh, found it! Thanks....;)

tennismaster888
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM

dont use gut til your a pretty advanced player because its really expensive and you really wont feel the difference until then anyways. and you seem to want to improve your strokes first so dont get gut yet =]. oh yeah about the racket id recomend HEAD LIQUIDMETAL INSTINCT i use the prestige now but i still find myself using it sometimes when im playing really bad and want a more forgiving racket lmao

meowmix
10-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks! I don't mind spending the money on a good quality racquet.....

So, if money isn't an issue would you still recommend these racquets or would you add others?

Thanks so much!

A more expensive racket doesn't mean that it's going to be better. But as you don't care about the price tag:

Becker 11 light
Aero pro drive (cortex and non-cortex)
Gamma 310
Flexpoint radical
Microgel radical
Microgel extreme
Technibre T-flash 310
Volkl DNX 9
Wilson k 6-1 team
Wilson kzen
Wilson npro open
Yonex RDS 003

Hope this long list helps.

robmachado23
10-21-2007, 01:21 PM
I would personally recomend the K Six-One Team,APD, Dunlop M-Fil 200 or 300, and Prince Speedport Black. All of these racquets are between 95 and 105 sq. inch heads. Also they are not that heavy of a racquet, which could be good for a begining player as yourself. I use the K Team, which I find to be an excellent racquet. It is very stable, and teaches you to generate your own power. Down the road it is also good for customation.