PDA

View Full Version : A possibility of a new club

therogerfan
10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
I had been thinking of it for a quite a long time and I am now sure that your game depends mostly on you , racquet can not make you a better player . As many of you remember , I was trying to customize my wilson npro open and I have tried all the possible places where to place lead. I used it in stock form at the practice today and I was just unbeatable . I could do just everything I had only been dreaming of , my reaction was just superb . I am so proud now to have stopped thinking about lead all the time. BTW , I find strings to be much more important . I am looking forward to getting some feedback from players , who also think that racquets can not make you play better , we could even create a club :)

Mister G
10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Sorry but I have to disagree.

A racquet suited to a players technique/style of play can help him/her play "better" so technically it CAN make a player play better. Yes, most of the time it is due to the technique (when people blame their racquets for hitting long balls etc), but heres a quick and simple example. I tried using an oversize racquet (same string pattern as my current sticks which are midplus) a while back for fun, and I coudlnt seem to place any of my shots with accuracy. I think choosing a good racquet that suits you, and that you are confident with, will help you overall in becoming a better player...

With your example, I think you just wanted to customise for the sake of customising when your stock racquet suited you just fine. Thus adding all that lead and experimenting didnt really help you.

meowmix
10-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I too have to disagree. If you went out on the court tomorrow with a super oversize, sub 9ounce racket with a stiffness of 71, you probably wouldn't do very well.

However, I agree with your basic idea. Once you get a racket, stick with it. Switching back and forth between rackets isn't going to help you at all.