PDA

View Full Version : MG Prestige mp 16/18 review:

bluegrasser
10-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I had an extended hit today with a friend who played college tennis, probably a good 4.5 pusher. He really crushed me with his loopy topspin shots, just drove me crazy - I wanted to kill him...oh, the racquet.

The power level was low, less pop than the fxp and lower than the lm IMO, but had that great Prestige feel and great at the net. I didn't serve with it as my tennis elbow was flairing up from the PD, but over all a nice stick, more like the older Prestiges, but a little lighter. The sw felt a hair lighter than the LM & the fxp. that's it...

tennisntn3477
10-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks much, bluegrasser...appreciate the info.

Pro_Tour_630
10-21-2007, 04:53 PM
more like the older Prestiges, but a little lighter.

nice statement :-) it is not more like any older prestige since there has not been a real open pattern Prestige MP. It is 16X19

bluegrasser
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
nice statement :-) it is not more like any older prestige since there has not been a real open pattern Prestige MP. It is 16X19

Ok Mr. Prestige Guru :p I was talking about the power level, not the string pattern.

Pro_Tour_630
10-21-2007, 07:39 PM
The power level was low, less pop than the fxp and lower than the lm IMO,more like the older Prestiges, but a little lighter.

Ok Mr. Prestige Guru :p I was talking about the power level, not the string pattern.

If the power level was low and less pop than FXP and LM which I agree BTW, how is that more like the older prestiges? I must be smoking something :-) but did you mean iprestige MP since that is the only other MP prestige left?

bluegrasser
10-22-2007, 04:43 AM
If the power level was low and less pop than FXP and LM which I agree BTW, how is that more like the older prestiges? I must be smoking something :-) but did you mean iprestige MP since that is the only other MP prestige left?

Sigh :confused: LOW POWER, repeat after me - LOWER POWER - I felt some of the older models (eg: old prestige pro, others I've hit with) had less power than the LM/fxp IMHO, if you disagree fine, after all you're the *Prestige Guru* I think what comes into the equation is a players swing speed & strength & that can have an effect how a player views a stick.

Diabolu
10-22-2007, 05:06 AM
nice! U got any pics?

Pro_Tour_630
10-22-2007, 07:44 AM
I felt some of the older models (eg: old prestige pro, if you disagree fine, after all you're the *Prestige Guru*

Since it is an MP I thought you would be consistent and compare it with other MP's.
The only thing that the Microgel Prestige Pro MP and the older Prestige Pro mid's have in common is the name "prestige pro", everything else is different. Besides which older prestige pro? there are many older prestige pro variants in particular one (gray with lime green bumper) felt very stiff, metallic sounding power with no feel which was the worst prestige mid ever made. Writing prestige pro on that frame was a disgrace to the prestige line. Anyway, I am not the prestige guru, I did not ask for that label. Though I admit I do know a thing or two about the prestige however there are few posters who know more, my forte is the Pro Tour ;-)