PDA

View Full Version : Any info on ProStaff 6.0 85s with these codes?

Dominik
10-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey,

I have two Prostaff 6.0 Original 85s- however I can't figure out where they were made. I can't find any reference that shows the location where the racket was made according to code, and I don't really know how to compare the different locations by paint type, etc. The code on the buttcaps of both of these rackets is GHX.

I'm hoping someone has these codes down for one of the specific 6.0 locations.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

vkartikv
10-20-2007, 03:26 PM
What's the colour of the buttcap? Does it say Chiao Ta on the inside of the throat? Does it mention the swing index (6.0)?

Dominik
10-20-2007, 05:00 PM
What's the colour of the buttcap? Does it say Chiao Ta on the inside of the throat? Does it mention the swing index (6.0)?

Hey,

Yes, it does say "Braided Construction Exclusively Manufactured by CHIAO TA" under the PWS description on the inside of the throat. On the other side of the inner-throat, it has the Swing Index (6.0) inside of a small box, and beside it the recommended tension and recommended string/grip.

The side of the racket says "Wilson Midsize 85" along the throat.

The buttcap is white with the "W" in red.

Anything else I should check for?

Thanks!

Azzurri
10-20-2007, 05:02 PM
early China.:)

Dominik
10-20-2007, 06:17 PM
early China.:)

Okay, cool, thanks a lot!

I was wondering, how does this one compare to the other versions? Which version would be best, in your opinion, after the St. Vincent one?

vkartikv
10-20-2007, 06:56 PM
1st gen China. Keep it! It's the second best after the St. Vincents.

Yonex.
10-20-2007, 11:10 PM
1st gen China. Keep it! It's the second best after the St. Vincents.

You can't say that, thats like saying; "Get that Camry its better than that Civic" to someone. In other words, you can't truly decide whats better for someone else. Don't mistaken your opinions as facts.Some people think St. Vincents suck the most, and some people think the China is the most sucks the most.

BreakPoint
10-21-2007, 12:27 AM
If the code starts with a "G", it is made in China.

ericsson
10-21-2007, 01:12 AM
You can't say that, thats like saying; "Get that Camry its better than that Civic" to someone. In other words, you can't truly decide whats better for someone else. Don't mistaken your opinions as facts.Some people think St. Vincents suck the most, and some people think the China is the most sucks the most.

I agree, look at federer at the time, never even played the ST.V, but the china...

Azzurri
10-21-2007, 06:10 AM
Okay, cool, thanks a lot!

I was wondering, how does this one compare to the other versions? Which version would be best, in your opinion, after the St. Vincent one?

Can't answer that. You have to hit with all the versions to determine which is best, but I can tell you I personally like the SV much more than the China, but that's me.