PDA

View Full Version : Why a doubles court at the Houston masters?

djones
11-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Very disappointing this doubles court they put in again!
I always looked forward to the masters watching games played on singles courts.
The singles courts made the masters something special and more enjoyable to watch.
Watching a match played on a singles court was much more exiting, because a ball hit against the sideline looked more special/precise than the normal courts.

@wright
11-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I agree, I liked it when they used to play in Germany. I guess they figure most people would see the missing lines and think they are watching a different sport?

Rabbit
11-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Well, it may have something to do with the fact that they are playing the year end singles and doubles championships at the same location. I, for one, like the idea very much of playing the singles and doubles at the same venue.

elbuzzard
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Well, it may have something to do with the fact that they are playing the year end singles and doubles championships at the same location. I

rabbit,you may be on to something.

Max G.
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Well, it may have something to do with the fact that they are playing the year end singles and doubles championships at the same location. I

rabbit,you may be on to something.

Nah, it's just a coincidence.

mary fierce
11-15-2004, 04:05 PM
"very disappointing" to watch singles played on a court with doubles lines??!! What a frustration tolerance! Were you breast-fed until you were twelve?

elbuzzard
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
"very disappointing" to watch singles played on a court with doubles lines??!! What a frustration tolerance! Were you breast-fed until you were twelve?

she didnt get that name for nothing...ouch!