PDA

View Full Version : No Federer/Gaudio on ESPN?

bigbanger
11-15-2004, 11:31 AM
OK, maybe not as compelling a matchup as Hewitt/Moya, but Federer is the #1 player in the world. I guess there's a more important poker or tiddleywinks match to cover...

david7410
11-15-2004, 12:28 PM
I cannot BELIEVE espn is not showing this match! I have been looking forward to watching Federer's return and been anxiously waiting all day to see him.

D A M N YOU ESPN!

peter
11-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I cannot BELIEVE espn is not showing this match! I have been looking forward to watching Federer's return and been anxiously waiting all day to see him.

Eurosport here in Europe is showing that match!!!

Or rather - was supposed to show it. Apparently it rains, so instead they are re-airing som old, totally uninterresting lpool tournament and some old boxing matches...

*Sigh*. I think I'll go read that book about OpenLDAP instead.

BiGGieStuFF
11-15-2004, 01:20 PM
So the match is rained out. I wonder how that affects my match tonight. I guess I get pushed back to tomorrow perhaps.

James Brown
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
they showed it, i watched it recorded it and my dvd recorder crapped out, so i lost my data.......FDNBKDNFDKD, it was a great match. federer was FLYING out there

Marius_Hancu
11-15-2004, 04:29 PM
OK, maybe not as compelling a matchup as Hewitt/Moya, but Federer is the #1 player in the world. I guess there's a more important poker or tiddleywinks match to cover...

Not sure what you guys are shown by ESPN in the US, but here in Canada the video feed to the TSN channel was provided by ESPN Latino, with British commentators for the audio.

They waited for 2hrs until the rain was over, showing parts of last year's Masters, then they showed live or tape delayed by not more than 1hr perhaps the Fed Gaudio match.

BTW, I'd like to see the sun in Houston, the visibility was not at the best, but perhaps it was caused by the TV set where I was.

pound cat
11-15-2004, 04:52 PM
things looked pretty clear on the court to me marius. BTW, Federe had more than 12 BP chances that he missed, and gaudio gave Federer a battle in the second set. If it had been a 5 setter he might have won LOL (Like RG) Federer was hitting a lot of shots really wide off the forehand side but his bh was working.

Marius_Hancu
11-15-2004, 05:19 PM
things looked pretty clear on the court to me marius. BTW, Federe had more than 12 BP chances that he missed, and gaudio gave Federer a battle in the second set. If it had been a 5 setter he might have won LOL (Like RG) Federer was hitting a lot of shots really wide off the forehand side but his bh was working.

Thanks, I probably must move to another TV set.

But working was also Gaudio's backhand:-)

BTW, this is not a record for Federer. In 2003, he won in straights in the USO 3rd round against Blake (losing afterwards to that pesky Nalbandian ...). However, in the 2nd set of that match, as per John McEnroe and gang, he must've beaten the record, by winning only 1 in 20 breakpoints against Blake (which defended himself quite well, of course, but Fed was clearly in another league, but missing kind of much from time to time).

thejackal
11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Marius, when is the TMC on TSN this weekend?

Marius_Hancu
11-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Marius, when is the TMC on TSN this weekend?

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/tv_schedule.asp?sport=TENNIS

Also, on RDS:

21 novembre 2004
22h30 TENNIS MASTERS SERIES : COUPE MASTERS - FINALE
22 novembre 2004 01h00

[replay]
22 novembre 2004
09h00 TENNIS MASTERS SERIES : COUPE MASTERS - FINALE
11h30

Peter Samprer
11-15-2004, 08:40 PM
they're showing the federer/gaudio match after williams/sharapova's match. 9pm PST.

Max G.
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Yep. Because Hewitt/Moya got delayed, also because of rain. ...but now it's already started, so am not sure what they will show, Gaudio/Federer or Moya/Hewit...

Sheesh, either one would be better than Sharapova trophy ceremony. Can't blame them for showing it though, big moment.

perfmode
11-15-2004, 09:56 PM
fed/gau match is on espn2 right now.

LafayetteHitter
11-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi all, I am just walking in the from the four hour drive from Houston, this match started and then was suspended for a little bit over an hour then it resumed, we had a great time today, the crowd was a little light because of the rain but it was well worth the wait.

Scott Durand

match
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
im watching it right now !.......espn 2!

BiGGieStuFF
11-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah they are showing it cuz hewitt-moya never finished. It was suspended due to stupid stupid rain and now I can't even finish it tomorrow cuz I'll be at work!! GRrrrrrr Hewitt was controlling the tempo out there. I expect him to finish off Moya

pound cat
11-16-2004, 03:44 AM
"Playing on outdoor courts in Houston is stupid" Marat (I told you so) Safin. LOL

pound cat
11-16-2004, 03:49 AM
Pay each guty a million dollars and send him home, Mattress Man

5 Day Forecast

Today Tomorrow Thu Fri Sat 6-10 Day

Thundershowers Tuesday

High: 74
Low: 65

Thunderstorms Wednesday

High: 74
Low: 65

Thunderstorms Thursday

High: 76
Low: 63

Isolated Thunderstorms Friday

High: 79
Low: 61

Scattered Thunderstorms Saturday

High: 80
Low: 63

perfmode
11-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Why can't they find a suitable indoor arena? Mother****.

BiGGieStuFF
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
"Playing on outdoor courts in Houston is stupid" Marat (I told you so) Safin. LOL Did he actually say that? hahahaha :lol: :oops:

BiGGieStuFF
11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Why can't they find a suitable indoor arena? Mother****.

Amen brother!!