PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Demo List

brentcorrigan07
10-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi. I am Brent and basically I am planning on doing some indoor training this winter and of course, I am interested in some new sticks. My plan is to demo about 3 racquets at a time.

I am currently using a Prince Diablo Tour Mid with some tightly strung polyester strings. Unfortunely, I got mad the other day and smashed it.

Anyway, lets cut things short, please recommend me 3 racquets that will fit my critera please?

My game: I use a eastern forehand that is fairly flat with a little topspin for some margin. I use a 2 handed backhand that is flat with little topspin when I need it. It has a loop takeback. My serve is sliced and I am working on a small topspin serve.

Basically what I am looking for is something in the Midsize range that is on the stiffer side. I want something with more pop and I want something that isn't soft.

Also, please recommend some strings with your recommendations.

tennismaster888
10-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi. I am Brent and basically I am planning on doing some indoor training this winter and of course, I am interested in some new sticks. My plan is to demo about 3 racquets at a time.

I am currently using a Prince Diablo Tour Mid with some tightly strung polyester strings. Unfortunely, I got mad the other day and smashed it.

Anyway, lets cut things short, please recommend me 3 racquets that will fit my critera please?

My game: I use a eastern forehand that is fairly flat with a little topspin for some margin. I use a 2 handed backhand that is flat with little topspin when I need it. It has a loop takeback. My serve is sliced and I am working on a small topspin serve.

Basically what I am looking for is something in the Midsize range that is on the stiffer side. I want something with more pop and I want something that isn't soft.

Also, please recommend some strings with your recommendations.

mg radical or radical pro...depending on how much weight you want...and stick to the polyester if it isn't giving you arm problems and you think you can handle it.

brentcorrigan07
10-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Would you recommend the MG Prestige or FP Prestige Mids? I want to keep a smaller headsize for the feel when hitting the sweetspot.

tennismaster888
10-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Would you recommend the MG Prestige or FP Prestige Mids? I want to keep a smaller headsize for the feel when hitting the sweetspot.

oh well ive haven't gotten my hands on mg's but i use the fxp prestige midplus and its a pretty good racket so the mid must be pretty nice too

tennispro11
10-20-2007, 08:12 PM

I would recommend the FXP Prestige Mids, I haven't hit with the new MG Prestiges. Have three FXP Prestiges and absolutely love them. Very similar to your Diablo Mid, but stiffer and better control as well. Demoed the Diablo a few years ago. Liked it but not more than my LM Prestiges and now my FXP Prestiges. As for string I would recommend trying Pro Red Code 17g. The red goes perfect with the color scheme of the Prestiges. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

tennismaster888
10-20-2007, 08:35 PM
I would recommend the FXP Prestige Mids, I haven't hit with the new MG Prestiges. Have three FXP Prestiges and absolutely love them. Very similar to your Diablo Mid, but stiffer and better control as well. Demoed the Diablo a few years ago. Liked it but not more than my LM Prestiges and now my FXP Prestiges. As for string I would recommend trying Pro Red Code 17g. The red goes perfect with the color scheme of the Prestiges. Let me know if you need anything else. :)

i dont think thats the red right haha :-D i like black strings with it better...maybe black PSGD

brentcorrigan07
10-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for everyone's input!

I will definately demo the LM Prestige, FXP Prestige, and MG Prestige. I will probably send out the order once the MG comes out.

HeadPrestige
10-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I would avoid the LM prestige. I doubt you will like it as much as your daiblo or the FXP. It has a very cheap hollow feeling to it.

Instead i would take the rds 001 mid for a spin. great racket.