PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Head or Prince?

meowmix
10-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Alright. I'm finally getting that new racket. Problem now is that I have no idea what I want (kinda).

I currently play with a Wilson n5 OS, but really don't like it. It's too light and has too much power. A little while ago, I completly cracked it. My parents have finally consented to get me a new racket. However, they want to keep it to under around 80 bucks or so.

My game: I'm about 3.5. I prefer to hammer it out from the baseline, but on some days, I prefer to rush the net. I don't have particularly good stamina or endurance (I'm working on those), so I never counterpunch. I have a pretty good forehand, hit 2-handed backhands (flat) and 1-handed backhand slice/drop shot. I need a lot of work on serve as I am very eratic.

I been demoing the k 6-1 95 16*18 (my instructor told me to try it) and I think it's decent. I don't think it's a perfect fit for my game, but it's pretty good. I have no trouble with its weight.

The only racket currently listed on TW (for under 90 bucks) that more or less plays similarly to the k 6-1 is the Dunlop M-fil 200 standard. However, I've heard that it's really underpowered and isn't particularly maneuverable at net. Since I will be playing high school doubles (low varsity position), I need something that volleys well.

I'm looking mostly at the following list:
Dunlop M-fil 300
Dunlop M-fil 200+ (2006)
Head LM Radical MP
Prince TT Warrior MP

I'm planning on getting one of these and leading it up to about 12 ounces. I don't really like the paint job on the Radical, but it's a good racket and I think it plays pretty well. The rest, I've never hit with, but according to specs, the 300 and the Warrior should hit similarly to the Radical. The 200+ is just a racket I'm considering for the heck of it.

Can anybody give me advise on what to get? Thanks you so much for reading through this long post!

TRiBaL
10-20-2007, 07:14 PM
what about a LM prestige?

shojun25
10-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Just buy something used in the FS/FT section of TW forums.

Prince O3 Tour is exeptional at net. Same with Liquidmetal Radical.

Deuce
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
You've got it backwards.
You shouldn't decide to buy a racquet before you find one that you like. This leads to disappointment 99% of the time, because the primary wish is to buy A racquet instead of to buy the RIGHT racquet.

The proper way to go about this is to first find a racquet that you like, THEN you decide to buy it.

smirker
10-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Alright. I'm finally getting that new racket. Problem now is that I have no idea what I want (kinda).

I currently play with a Wilson n5 OS, but really don't like it. It's too light and has too much power. A little while ago, I completly cracked it. My parents have finally consented to get me a new racket. However, they want to keep it to under around 80 bucks or so.

My game: I'm about 3.5. I prefer to hammer it out from the baseline, but on some days, I prefer to rush the net. I don't have particularly good stamina or endurance (I'm working on those), so I never counterpunch. I have a pretty good forehand, hit 2-handed backhands (flat) and 1-handed backhand slice/drop shot. I need a lot of work on serve as I am very eratic.

I been demoing the k 6-1 95 16*18 (my instructor told me to try it) and I think it's decent. I don't think it's a perfect fit for my game, but it's pretty good. I have no trouble with its weight.

The only racket currently listed on TW (for under 90 bucks) that more or less plays similarly to the k 6-1 is the Dunlop M-fil 200 standard. However, I've heard that it's really underpowered and isn't particularly maneuverable at net. Since I will be playing high school doubles (low varsity position), I need something that volleys well.

I'm looking mostly at the following list:
Dunlop M-fil 300
Dunlop M-fil 200+ (2006)
Head LM Radical MP
Prince TT Warrior MP

I'm planning on getting one of these and leading it up to about 12 ounces. I don't really like the paint job on the Radical, but it's a good racket and I think it plays pretty well. The rest, I've never hit with, but according to specs, the 300 and the Warrior should hit similarly to the Radical. The 200+ is just a racket I'm considering for the heck of it.

Can anybody give me advise on what to get? Thanks you so much for reading through this long post!

The M-fil 300 is a good choice. Has a good balance of power vs control and volleys well. Agree with Deuce though. You have to demo to see what suits [B]you[B] everyone has their own opinions and whilst you can get some pointers on here ultimately you have to work it out yourself:-D

meowmix
10-21-2007, 06:26 AM
True. However, I don't have access to demo. The only racket of the above that I have demoed is the LM Radical. I thought it was great, but way too light. Hence, I plan to get a ton of lead.

Better question: how do the above rackets play in comparison to the LM radical?