PDA

View Full Version : Can you give some feedback for these please. (video)

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Just a few backhands and 3 serves, (serves were rushed)

Just post what you think.

My backhand is kind of changed now, i'll have to upload a newer version of my backhand.

Backhand: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=20501495

Serve:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=20501430

lkdog
10-21-2007, 04:01 PM
I like the mechanics of your serve motion-maybe get a little more shoulder coil and subsequent rotation into it which will increase pace and spin. Kind of hard to tell in that video as maybe you rushed it a bit.

I hit a one hand BH so am not much help on that stroke for you, but it looks pretty sound.

You look like a very decent player based upon those clips.

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-22-2007, 06:48 AM
I like the mechanics of your serve motion-maybe get a little more shoulder coil and subsequent rotation into it which will increase pace and spin. Kind of hard to tell in that video as maybe you rushed it a bit.

I hit a one hand BH so am not much help on that stroke for you, but it looks pretty sound.

You look like a very decent player based upon those clips.

Thankyou!

Anyone else?

tarheels2323
10-22-2007, 08:59 AM
You have legs, boy; use them. :mrgreen: The first thing that I noticed, and because it's so important, the only thing I'm going to address, is that you have such little knee bend on your ground strokes that you look like you're standing straight up.

On your backhand make sure to step into the shot, bending at the knees and driving the ball with your legs. A good ground stroke isn't just in the arms - it incorporates a full body kinetic chain to get the full power of your body weight behind the ball.

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
You have legs, boy; use them. :mrgreen: The first thing that I noticed, and because it's so important, the only thing I'm going to address, is that you have such little knee bend on your ground strokes that you look like you're standing straight up.

On your backhand make sure to step into the shot, bending at the knees and driving the ball with your legs. A good ground stroke isn't just in the arms - it incorporates a full body kinetic chain to get the full power of your body weight behind the ball.

I will upload some vidoes in a few weeks. Thanks

Any more?

GAZ082
10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Yes, keep the vids coming, i love amateur ones.

bad_call
10-23-2007, 04:21 PM
what tarheel said. also you are foot faulting a bit on the serve. maybe step back from the line a bit. btw - where was this filmed at?

Plisken
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
your problity better then me but your server seems nice try jumping a little execpt kinda sliding in it a safer way to not foot fault and your knees don't look like they are bending at all but overall id say your better then me

Lloyd Barcenilla
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Any rating guesses? Im in UK and don't have the American one.

tbini87
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
do you use the same grip for forehand and backhand? looks like you could use more leg on your backhands. i know it is different when you rally but footwork could also be sped up and improved. serve looked out despite the small footfaults, but could not see much of it. was that a flat serve? how long have you been playing? really hard to guess on a rating... 3.5-4.0?

quicken
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Bend your right knee when you are hitting the ball
dont be lazy =]

i8myshirt
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Try to not let your back foot go past your front foot while serving. It seems to make you foot fault and it might change your pronation a little bit. Also, try putting your hip and shoulder rotation into your shots.