PDA

View Full Version : best hybrid for someone who uses alot of spin on both backhand and forehand...

10nisDude~
10-21-2007, 11:45 AM
NO KEVLAR PLEASE...i tried it...i dont like it...anyway i want to kno wuts best for a durability and spin...

pow
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
NO KEVLAR PLEASE...i tried it...i dont like it...anyway i want to kno wuts best for a durability and spin...

Not sure about hybrids, I've yet to try one that has more spin than poly.
From my experience, I liked full poly... if it was relatively soft... ALU Power or softer and I am happy.

jasoncho92
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
For maximum spin not using kevlar, i dont think a hybrid would be the best. But before anything, do you have a price limit?

downdaline
10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
i'll go out on a limb and recommend Cyberflash mains with Prince syn.gut duraflex crosses. For both of the strings use 17g, and it should give u pretty good spin.

The reason being that both these strings are low-powered, but still not as stiff as kevlar. Both are also durable and easily affordable.

Any other suggestions?

10nisDude~
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
...i have no price limit at this time....so any suggestions are great....hmmmm my friend told me to try out that combo downdaline....it doesnt work for me....idk hmmm i used full poly it doesnt give me much durability i broke a string in 2 days of 2 hour play...hmmm so yeah....i tried string savers but i want to try out some hybrids....

Ripper
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Blue Gear mains with something like LaserFibre Classic syn gut in the crosses.

jasoncho92
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
...i have no price limit at this time....so any suggestions are great....hmmmm my friend told me to try out that combo downdaline....it doesnt work for me....idk hmmm i used full poly it doesnt give me much durability i broke a string in 2 days of 2 hour play...hmmm so yeah....i tried string savers but i want to try out some hybrids....
Well hybrids are known to break faster. Id just try full poly again just to see how long itll last because just one try isnt very reliable

kanjii
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Anyone play with the standard combo of Babolat PHT and Excel?? I just bought a pair on my PDR strung at 60lbs.

downdaline
10-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Well if u dont want kevlar then a full poly job is the next best thing.

If u insist on using poly, my stringer was talking to me a few weeks ago about how he strung this guy's racquet for durability. He used a very stiff poly in the mains, like Luxilon Alu Power or PHT 16 and a slightly softer poly in the crosses, Cyberflash, Signum Pro or Pro Supex.

This one's still good for durability and spin, and it's still a hybrid :)

Supernatural_Serve
10-23-2007, 03:02 AM
I use this:

Klip Screamer

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACKLIP-KSCREAM.html

Excellent feel and cupping, with good spin. Durability is average for a gut hybrid. Its the feel thats hooked me on them.

Paul Goldstein
10-23-2007, 03:54 AM
look dont listen to all the other people.

the most amazing spin/dura combo is:
Mains: MSV focus hex 1.23
cross: MSV focus hex 1.10

your ball will jump off the court like nadal

bsandy
10-23-2007, 07:44 AM
look dont listen to all the other people.

the most amazing spin/dura combo is:
Mains: MSV focus hex 1.23
cross: MSV focus hex 1.10

your ball will jump off the court like nadal

And we should listen to someone preaching about using a thin hex string, in the crosses ?

bsandy
10-23-2007, 07:46 AM
Look at ALU, or one of it's softer or thinner copies.