PDA

View Full Version : Muse vs. Radiohead

Breaker
10-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Two of the most popular bands in the world at the moment in these two. However something I've noticed when talking to some Radiohead fans is that when Muse is brought up they can get defensive and call them ripoffs of Radiohead. Apparently Thom Yorke of Radiohead feels the same way and feels that Muse stole his band's "style" of play. Personally I feel Muse is a better, more interesting band and their music appeals to me much more. Absolution and Origin of Symmetry are two of the best albums released in recent times in my opinion. I do like OK Computer but some of Radiohead's songs can get boring and some just don't have the energy Muse has. Some that I find entertaining all the time are Paranoid Android, Electioneering, Lucky, I want None of This, and of course the brilliant Karma Police. When listening to the two bands I can't really find any similarities other than the Matt Bellamy using falsetto occasionally in the same way that Yorke does in nearly every song.

Anyway, my opinion, which of these two do you good people at TTW prefer?

TheShaun
10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
i like both bands, especially early radiohead.
but oasis is the best band in the world!!!!!!!!!!

yodudedudeyo
10-21-2007, 05:06 PM
I feel the same way kind of. Radiohead's new album sounds just like every other Radiohead album or song I've ever heard. I agree when you say that Muse's stuff just seems more energetic, and it does appeal to a broader spectrum of people. As far as ripping off goes, while I can see how Muse was influenced by Radiohead, I wouldnt go as far as say that they're ripping off their style.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
10-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Love the hell out of Radiohead...

Lakoste
10-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I always thought Muse was trying too hard to be different from Radiohead, and that effort to be different made them very similar to Radiohead, if that makes sense :).

Also, although I'm a fan of both, I'd pick a Radiohead album over a Muse album any day.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Me and my friends have this debate all the time, although we add in a third band called 'Thrice.'
Radiohead > Thric, radiohead is considered a legend, Muse is considered good but has yet to reach the "legendary" status. Although, OK Computer has been voted one of hte best albums EVER...Muse albums are good, but i don't think they can compare with that.

yodudedudeyo
10-21-2007, 06:41 PM
whatttt, i dont think Thrice is even comparable to Muse and Radiohead. Thrice is like alternative hard pop rock.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
whatttt, i dont think Thrice is even comparable to Muse and Radiohead. Thrice is like alternative hard pop rock.

That was their old stuff...try listening to their new stuff (Alchemy Index), more specifically, the water volume. It's good stuff.

rommil
10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Radiohead anytime, all the time for me although Nickelback(wink) beats everybody else....

Fatmike
10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Muse is better imo