PDA

View Full Version : narrowed my choice of racquets

youngage
10-21-2007, 03:14 PM
i have tried a few and now i am left to decide between the pure drive (plus or rodick), or the k surge.

also whats the difference between the surge and the zen?

which one would be better for a hard hitter? but i also need control with my hard hitting.

tennismaster888
10-21-2007, 03:45 PM
i have tried a few and now i am left to decide between the pure drive (plus or rodick), or the k surge.

which one would be better for a hard hitter? but i also need control with my hard hitting.

youve just got to chose the one that plays the best when u use it..

Seifersquall1
10-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Use the Ksurge for control because you'll need it :D

TripleB
10-24-2007, 10:07 AM

I playtest the Roddick a while back and am currently playtesting the K-Surge. If you want light and maneuverable get the K-Surge...if you want a racquet that is good at most everything else get the Roddick. BUT, if you are looking for outstanding control you need to look at something other than these two racquets...neither one gives what I would call pin-point control.

TripleB

aeroman
10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I believe that the kzen has a larger headsize and is lighter. Just check the wilson racquets in tw to be sure though. The one that you play best with would be my say. I don't think that you need us biasing your answer. Just play with them and see which one plays best for you.
Aeroman

rosenstar
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Demo both and pick your favorite.

I play with a PDR and I love it. I really think it's one of the best frames around. I can hit every shot with it. If you hit a very flat ball, this frame might not be your first choice, but otherwise, I'd go for it.

The k-surge is a bad frame IMO. Every year wilson release a new surge that was worse than the previous years. I thought the original (despite the ugly pj) was a decent frame. The new ones are light and unstable.

As far as the PD+ goes, I've never been a fan of xl frames, but if you like it, go for it.

THese are just my thoughts; demo all the frames and pick whatever YOU like the most.