PDA

View Full Version : About the SW one handed BH

GAZ082
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm doing that shot and when i hit, i'm doing it with the strings parallel to the net, is this correct or should be slightly bent towards the ground like in the sw forehand? I checked some Gasquet's vids and he looks like hitting as me, but i'm not 100% sure.

Thanks!!

lecter255
10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
if it doesn't go out don't angle it down

GAZ082
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, i feel it nice and i'm starting to actually feel the stroke right, so i wanted to make any correction before i fully integrate the stroke into my mind and muscles. However, hitting this way (with the strings parallel to the net) is not dangerous to my elbow? (I don't hit late, about a foot ahead of me).

BeHappy
10-21-2007, 07:47 PM
exactly right, parallel to net, at all times

ananda
10-21-2007, 09:53 PM
you need an eastern backhand grip for the 1hbh.

there is another thread that discusses gasquets and henins grip, which they say is more extreme.

if you are starting out, EB is recommended. low to high on contact, action like a smile or U, closed stance, weight on right foot as you contact, elbow firm but not locked, wrist also firm but not nece locked.

GAZ082
10-22-2007, 04:19 AM
you need an eastern backhand grip for the 1hbh.

there is another thread that discusses gasquets and henins grip, which they say is more extreme.

if you are starting out, EB is recommended. low to high on contact, action like a smile or U, closed stance, weight on right foot as you contact, elbow firm but not locked, wrist also firm but not nece locked.

Thank you for your reply. This is why i asked, to do some kind of correction, but the true is that i'm comfortable with the SW BH, and i generate some spin with it actually. Unless another couple of guys come around and tell me "you should angle it down, your technique is wrong because X, Y, Z" i wont change it.

Just because i'm a newbie does not mean that i can not master a technique right away, after some months of practicing.

ananda
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Thank you for your reply. This is why i asked, to do some kind of correction, but the true is that i'm comfortable with the SW BH, and i generate some spin with it actually. Unless another couple of guys come around and tell me "you should angle it down, your technique is wrong because X, Y, Z" i wont change it.

Just because i'm a newbie does not mean that i can not master a technique right away, after some months of practicing.

i am sorry if i talked to you like you were a newbie. Truth is , i got a wrong impression from your post which had little info. Ack I am the newbie here, i got into the 1hbh act very fast, and I am using the E B, and i am now thinking (thank to this thread) to try out a more sw grip and see if i get more spin without hitting the net.