PDA

View Full Version : Prince 03 Speedport Black recommendations??????????

Tennis16
10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
If anyone has played the Prince Speedport Black(with port inserts) would you
consider it an arm friendly racket ? I currently play the Wilson Nblade which is a great racket, but I really need to get more power to compete. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Noveson
10-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I refuse to answer any threads with more than 3 '?' marks.

gerikoh
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
consider it an arm friendly racket ? I currently play the Wilson Nblade which is a great racket, but I really need to get more power to compete. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

it's a good racquet. easy to swing. decent power. but i didn't like it's lack of control and it is not a very stable racquet.

galatti
10-22-2007, 05:19 AM
consider it an arm friendly racket ?
Very arm friendly! And not as unstable as they say ;)
I think that people say that it's a unstable frame because it swings very fast and you need some time to adjust the timing to hit the balls properly.

grass_hopper
10-22-2007, 06:50 AM
very stable, soft feel like K95 6.1 but less weight. have two of them but this weekend bought a boris beker V1 and it has more power than speed port yet is stable and arm friendly. i switched to it.

cknobman
10-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I use my spblack with the port inserts and a full poly string job of Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour and it is very arm freindly. I switched from a K95 because I developed elbow and shoulder problems and they have dissapeared since. Spblack is a great racquet for players who arent pushers and I think that is where you are getting these "unstable" comments from. The spblack was made to swing hard and fast and not for blocking every shot back.

bluegrasser
10-22-2007, 07:08 AM
very stable, soft feel like K95 6.1 but less weight. have two of them but this weekend bought a boris beker V1 and it has more power than speed port yet is stable and arm friendly. i switched to it.

You're sick GH - I know you want my job. R>W>H>O>F.....

grass_hopper
10-22-2007, 07:44 AM
some one should take on the challenge, you are having a hell of a season switching racquets and having fun.

galatti
10-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I use my spblack with the port inserts and a full poly string job of Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour and it is very arm freindly.

What's the strings' tension? Do the strings move around with this setup?

cknobman
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I had it strung @55 lbs originally. The racquet was ok at that tension but it hit the sweetspot about a week later when some of the tension had been lost. I figure from now on I will have it strung right right around 50 lbs. Since they are poly they hardly move at all until they loose all of their tension. Actually it works out great for me because I just string it up and play with it until the strings start moving around (anywhere from 1 -2 months this happens) then I know it is time to restring. Dont have to worry about breaking them either.

TravelinMan
10-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I've had a Black for a couple of months now and have been having some control issues, i.e. spraying balls. I added about 6 grams of lead to the head (4gr at 3-9 and 2gr at 2-10) and it has made a big difference. I was having should pain and fatigue with my PDR and have none with the Black even after playing 3 days in a row.

gamerx52986
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
I've had my Speedport Blacks for about 2 months now but haven't used them the past few times hitting. Got them strung with Tecnifibre NRG2 at 58lbs and the frames are all right but I do notice shoulder pain after playing a couple of sets. Could be my technique of course but I switched back to my Volkl Tour 10VE Mid's and have not had any pain since. I think the Princes may be too stiff for my personal taste.

stinkpaw
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I use Big Ace 18g which is one of th emost comfy polys in my Black with the speedport inserts. I had to add a Gamma Worm as the sound was horribly pingy and annoying me.

I know you are supposed to drop tension on the polys but I have mine strung at 63 and no pain at all.