PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried NXT/BB in a speedport black?

alcap26
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I was thinking of stringing up my two speedport black racquets with NXT and Lux BB (BB mains 59lbs and NXT crosses 62lbs) and I was wondering if anyone else might have tried this setup at either the same tensions or different tensions. Does the NXT tame the harshness of the BB? Should I go with the BB at 57lbs? Thanks for any help. I amcurrently using PSGD at 59lbs and I am not that big of a fan. I have used NXT and Head FXP in the past in a head fxp rad tour at 62 lbs but never hybrid. Any other hybrid combos you might suggest? I am also using the string hole inserts.

lecter255
10-21-2007, 06:53 PM
go with BB alu at 55lbs

alcap26
10-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Anyone else with an opinion? Thank you for your input Lecter but I am not wanting to go with full poly.

spdskr
10-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Different racquet here (n6.1 95), but I like BB 53lbs/NXT 56 lbs. This setup is very damp and also offers a lot of control. Compared to full NXT, I can swing away from the baseline, and absorb more energy from oponents shots when I'm returning serve or at the net.

TravelinMan
10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I tried Lux Ace 18 and NXT both at 58lbs and did not acre for it even though this set up worked great on my PDR. Then tried a full set of Ace 18 at 59lbs, better but it seems dead after a month of play. Now trying Kirshbaum Proline 2 1.20 at 58lbs, and it seems the best so far. Had these on for 3 weeks now and will most likely stick with them. BTW, I've also added 6 gram of lead to the head of my Black to help with some control issues I was having.

alcap26
10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you for all of your help. I talked to a stringer today and he reccomend timo at a higher tension than NXT due to TIM0 tension loss faster than NXT. I think I might go to another guy but he stated that the tension loss on timo or BB would be greater than NXT and after a few hours it would be right in line. He said he would do whichever I choose but thought he would throw that out there. Once again thank yu guys for your help.