PDA

View Full Version : Where to find discontinued/ hard to find racquets???

AgassiGuy23
10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know of any good websites or shops that specialize in hard-to-find / disontinued frames? I've tried the big auction site and the wanted section of this board with no luck... any suggestions???

mrw
10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Good luck. My suggestion is to just keep checking the big auction site. Sooner or later, one will pop up.

I have run wanted ads here. It's really pretty funny how someone has an old racquet that they haven't thought about in years suddenly thinks the friggin thing is made of solid gold when they read that someone is looking to buy.

I ran one want ad and had 10 morons think I was willing to pay at minimum 7 times what they bring on the auction site.I ended up buying the racquet I sought in my grip size, in excellent condition for $1.00 at a thrift store.

AgassiGuy23
10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Sweet deal- can't beat that. I just lost out on the auction site on one yesterday :(

keithchircop
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Good luck. My suggestion is to just keep checking the big auction site. Sooner or later, one will pop up.

I have run wanted ads here. It's really pretty funny how someone has an old racquet that they haven't thought about in years suddenly thinks the friggin thing is made of solid gold when they read that someone is looking to buy.

I ran one want ad and had 10 morons think I was willing to pay at minimum 7 times what they bring on the auction site.I ended up buying the racquet I sought in my grip size, in excellent condition for $1.00 at a thrift store.

LOL yeah happened to me too.

LPShanet
10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know of any good websites or shops that specialize in hard-to-find / disontinued frames? I've tried the big auction site and the wanted section of this board with no luck... any suggestions???

Another option is racquettech.com, the USRSA website. They offer members the opportunity to post for racquets and bumperguards wanted, and send an email with the requests to the entire membership. Seems to work, at least within the stringer/racquet technician community. And I've found the opposite on this channel from the big auction site: people seem to pay and offer amazingly LOW prices. In fact, I was offered a price so low for some old Wilsons that it wouldn't have even covered shipping. Needless to say, I didn't bother selling them.