PDA

View Full Version : Wilson NPS good?

DanVito
10-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Is the wilson NPS(ncode pro staff) a good racquet, is it in the league of racquets such as the ntour two or n6.1 95 or is it a lower class of racquet. I just bought a used one to be a backup for my k95, I think it is a decent racquet but I played with it before I even got my k95 so is the nps95 a DECENT backup for the k95? I won't break strings all that often but I will break strings, I usually string my racquets with a long lasting string(wilson stamina or sensation usually) And it was around 7-8/10 and I bought it for 75 dollars, was it a good deal? Also how can I tell if it is fake or a real racquet? I got it off **** so ya..

vkartikv
10-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Is this the predecessor to the k95 team? My hitting partner uses the team and it's an excellent all-round frame for an intermediate player. If the specs of the nps 95 are similar, I would safely assume it's a good frame as well.

DanVito
10-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Actually im backing it up for a k95 16x18 the 11.7 oz one, it is about a 1.5oz differential and a 16x18 to a 18x20 but I can adjust, so can it still be a decent backup untill I can get another k95?

tennis_hand
10-23-2007, 01:00 AM
It is the same as the N95 team, although the name is different.
I played with my friend's NPS95 and N95 team and couldn't find much difference.

It isn't much different from the K95 team either, but quite different from the K95 non-teams.

AlpineCadet
10-23-2007, 01:09 AM
tennis_hand, I beg to differ.

The NPS95 feels a bit more solid and stiff, while the Team K95 feels a bit more flexible in the throat. The NPS95 gives better power, while the Team K95 gives better ball feel. If you hit back to back with them, you'll notice the difference.

VikingSamurai
10-23-2007, 02:42 AM
I recently got beaten by a pusher using it in a local comp, so it cant be that bad.. He had about 4 of them in his bag.. The fact that he hit the ball slower than any man I have ever met wasn't due to the racquet though.. I had a set of them a while back, and although not my thing at that weight. They are a fun stick..

hoodjem
12-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I have three nPS racquets (and am getting a fourth next week), and thus needless to say, I like them. The nPS is rather light and has a denser 18 X 20 string pattern. The nPS is thus largely a control racquet, not a power frame.

I do think strings make a lot of difference on this raquet. Tighter hybrids work well. I get a nice feel, control, and crispness at 59-62 lbs.

I recently tried a nCode 6.1 16 X 18 demo racquet at my local club--and maybe it was the dead strings or something--but it felt like a plastic badminton racquet--no touch or feel at all in comparison to my nPS's. The nPS gives lots of feedback.

It does play a tad too head-light, in my opinion. I am in the process of customizing my nPS raquets, and will be trying some lead tape on the head to add a little more mass. (No it ain't my old trusty PS 6.0s, but what is? But it's certainly a lot easier on my arm. I can play a lot longer now.)

For me, the nPS is helping me improve and fine-tune my game. I agree that they are a "fun stick."

AlpineCadet
12-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I have three nPS racquets (and am getting a fourth next week), and thus needless to say, I like them. The nPS is rather light and has a denser 18 X 20 string pattern. The nPS is thus largely a control racquet, not a power frame.

I do think strings make a lot of difference on this raquet. Tighter hybrids work well. I get a nice feel, control, and crispness at 59-62 lbs.

I recently tried a nCode 6.1 16 X 18 demo racquet at my local club--and maybe it was the dead strings or something--but it felt like a plastic badminton racquet--no touch or feel at all in comparison to my nPS's. The nPS gives lots of feedback.

It does play a tad too head-light, in my opinion. I am in the process of customizing my nPS raquets, and will be trying some lead tape on the head to add a little more mass. (No it ain't my old trusty PS 6.0s, but what is? But it's certainly a lot easier on my arm. I can play a lot longer now.)

For me, the nPS is helping me improve and fine-tune my game. I agree that they are a "fun stick."

Thanks for sharing. Maybe the n95 was a bit too numb for you because it has nCoded graphite which is known to give a muted feel. The n95 in particular is also a much stiffer frame, with an open string pattern (as you've already mentioned.) I prefer the nPS over the k95 team, because it has a more solid feel to it, and the differences between their weight and flex were very pronounced. They are not very similar to each other.

galatti
12-17-2007, 05:19 AM
It is the same as the N95 team, although the name is different.
I played with my friend's NPS95 and N95 team and couldn't find much difference.

It isn't much different from the K95 team either, but quite different from the K95 non-teams.

That's right. The N95 team was not released in US

AlpineCadet
12-17-2007, 12:54 PM
That's right. The N95 team was not released in US
What's "right" in what he said? He said nothing of the n95 team not being released in the US. Quite frankly, he doesn't know what he's talking about in this comparison.

galatti
12-18-2007, 06:31 AM
What's "right" in what he said? He said nothing of the n95 team not being released in the US. Quite frankly, he doesn't know what he's talking about in this comparison.

He's right when he said that both rackets are pretty much the same. And I complemented that although the N95 team were never released in US, the Americans had the NPS95.

AlpineCadet
12-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, and the n90 and the k90 are also the same. :twisted:

meowmix
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, and the n90 and the k90 are also the same. :twisted:

Only to those who can't tell the difference between a n1 and a ntour

AlpineCadet
12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Only to those who can't tell the difference between a n1 and a ntour
Thank you. I'm glad someone said it. :)

noobplayer
12-18-2007, 10:30 PM
He's right when he said that both rackets are pretty much the same. And I complemented that although the N95 team were never released in US, the Americans had the NPS95.

the n95 team and nps are the same racquet btw, just called NPS in the US

oops quoted the wrong one