PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks I should get the LM Prestige if I'm..

TRiBaL
10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Trying to find a players racket with good amount of comfort?

fuzz nation
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
The mid and midplus versions of the LM Prestige are quite different. The mid is fine if you're comfortable swinging a wrecking ball - I found it to play heavier than the k6.1 95, M-Fil 200, and Pro Kennex Ki 5 PSE. It's flexible and really stable, but slower up at the net for me due to its heft.

Best description of the midplus - it's basically a LM Radical with red finish and cap grommets. It also plays a good deal lighter than the mid and since I'm used to frames that are around 12.5 oz. and up, it turned out to be just a bit light for me. Compared to the Radical, the mp Prestige may have played just a little softer, but it didn't seem substantially different to me. I think it hits a "crisp" ball, but it's mildly comfortable when you catch the sweetspot.

You might want to mention the frames you've already used and comment on their comfort level for you, too.

TheFonz
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
The mid and midplus versions of the LM Prestige are quite different. The mid is fine if you're comfortable swinging a wrecking ball - I found it to play heavier than the k6.1 95, M-Fil 200, and Pro Kennex Ki 5 PSE. It's flexible and really stable, but slower up at the net for me due to its heft.

Best description of the midplus - it's basically a LM Radical with red finish and cap grommets. It also plays a good deal lighter than the mid and since I'm used to frames that are around 12.5 oz. and up, it turned out to be just a bit light for me. Compared to the Radical, the mp Prestige may have played just a little softer, but it didn't seem substantially different to me. I think it hits a "crisp" ball, but it's mildly comfortable when you catch the sweetspot.

You might want to mention the frames you've already used and comment on their comfort level for you, too.

I'm not sure I agree with the comparison between the Radical and Prestige MP. I found the Pretige to be much softer and much heavier feeling. That sounds like a good equation to me. I prefer the MID Prestige overall though. It is heavy and require great technique.

brownyazn
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
trust me
the lm rad and the prestige
are much different
i notice it right away
when i pick up the racket

fuzz nation
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
You guys think those two racquets have distinct identities? Hmm...

Well, I'm glad you like the LMP midplus and I guess I'd say it was a shade more comfortable than the LM Radical (which wasn't horrible), but I think I expected that Prestige to be a little better fit for me - it just had the same problems for me as the Radical, even after a couple of stringings, so they seemed surprisingly similar in a nutshell. Don't mean to throw curveballs for our OP - that was just my take.