PDA

View Full Version : Technifibre Power Levels

tfm1973
10-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Anyone have any experience playing with Technifibre racquets? I'm looking for a relative power level of their line - specifically the TFight 320, TFeel 305 and TFlash 290.

Currently playing with Yonex RDS 003 - switched from RDX 500 MP because my old fatness couldn't generate any pace with em. ;)

Based on specs the TFight 320 looks like a good all court racquet and the TFeel 305 looks like a baseline basher stick.

Any thoughts?

cris
10-23-2007, 03:09 AM
I have a TFight 315 and you have to swing hard to generate pace. I chose the 315 cause it is a little lighter than the 320.

tfm1973
10-23-2007, 03:23 AM
cris -- can you compare the power levels with other racquets you've hit with? i've hit with a lot of racquets but have ZERO experience with technifibre.

neverstopplaying
10-23-2007, 09:05 AM
My regular stick is a TF335, but I've played a few matches with a RDX500MP (leaded). The power level is about the same as 335 (unleaded).

I don't know about about other TFs.

A little lead might be a solution???? I much prefer the feel of TF.

rletizia
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Perhaps I can help a little here as I own and have used the 335, 325, 305, and 295.

The 305 I have is a 16x19 or 16x20 (can't remember) and has a good amount of power. It is also pretty stiff. I would compare it to a Fischer Air Carbon Pro Impact or perhaps a Babolat Aeropro.

The 325 (18x20)is great feeling and the closest I can get to it is a slightly lighter and larger verson a Prince Nxg or More Performance. Need to string with 17 to maximize effectiveness of that string pattern.

The 335 (16x20 and 18x20) is wonderful, solid and the most flexible of the Tecnifibres. It is quite maneuverable at the net. I prefer the 18x20. It is comparable to a larger version of an i.prestige mid, but not quite as heavy. I favors comparison with the Diablo mid, again slightly larger.

The 295 is comparable to a pure drive and the 295 xl is comparable to the pure drive plus.

Hope that helps somewhat.

LPShanet
10-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Perhaps I can help a little here as I own and have used the 335, 325, 305, and 295.

The 305 I have is a 16x19 or 16x20 (can't remember) and has a good amount of power. It is also pretty stiff. I would compare it to a Fischer Air Carbon Pro Impact or perhaps a Babolat Aeropro.

The 325 (18x20)is great feeling and the closest I can get to it is a slightly lighter and larger verson a Prince Nxg or More Performance. Need to string with 17 to maximize effectiveness of that string pattern.

The 335 (16x20 and 18x20) is wonderful, solid and the most flexible of the Tecnifibres. It is quite maneuverable at the net. I prefer the 18x20. It is comparable to a larger version of an i.prestige mid, but not quite as heavy. I favors comparison with the Diablo mid, again slightly larger.

The 295 is comparable to a pure drive and the 295 xl is comparable to the pure drive plus.

Hope that helps somewhat.

What's your level and playing style? The different racquets are designed for fairly different players. If you're a 4.0 or above with long, fast strokes, I'd look at the 320 and 335. If you need power more than control, and/or are older or a lower level player, then the lighter ones might be more your speed.

lucu
10-23-2007, 03:46 PM
is technifibre racquets generally arm-friendly? like most volkl's, fischer's and pro kennex's?

LPShanet
10-23-2007, 03:57 PM
is technifibre racquets generally arm-friendly? like most volkl's, fischer's and pro kennex's?

The TFight series aren't bad for your arm, although there are softer player's frames out there. I wouldn't call the TFeels and TFlashes arm-friendly at all, though. They're too light for that, and too stiff for their weight to be good for a sensitive arm.

tfm1973
10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
thanks all for the input. i got to hit last night with a TFlash 290. way too stiff but surprisingly good control for a lightweight racquet. i typically prefer head light and about 11.5 to 12.0 ounce racquets. i think the TFight 320 is in the wheelhouse. pretty impressed with the quality of technifibre racquets. they look well made.

rletizia
10-24-2007, 05:48 AM
The TFight series aren't bad for your arm, although there are softer player's frames out there. I wouldn't call the TFeels and TFlashes arm-friendly at all, though. They're too light for that, and too stiff for their weight to be good for a sensitive arm.

You are absolutely on target here. The TFeels and TFlashes are not arm-friendly even though they are head-light due to their stiffness. The TFight 325 and 335 strung with 17 hybrid (full poly makes it even stiffer feeling in my opinion) are fine. I have been playing with them for quite some time and have never had any type arm problem. The 305 and 295 by contrast are beasts on the arm but fine if you like that style of racquet.

rletizia
10-24-2007, 05:57 AM
What's your level and playing style? The different racquets are designed for fairly different players. If you're a 4.0 or above with long, fast strokes, I'd look at the 320 and 335. If you need power more than control, and/or are older or a lower level player, then the lighter ones might be more your speed.

Just curious. What does is "older"? I am 55, have a long and fast stroke with plenty of power, and find the 325 and 335 just right. I like the i.Prestige mid and Prince NXG mid also. I think feel, confidence, control and consistancy are the main factors. Why would an "older" person want to tear up their arm with one of those nasty very head heavy and stiff, say Prince Thundersticks or something like that? I guess when I am 80 I will need some help but right now I am quite happy! ;) I also think level is not as revelant as advertised because lower level players need control and consistancy more than anything else. They certainly aren't going to get that from a power racquet.

rletizia
10-24-2007, 05:58 AM
thanks all for the input. i got to hit last night with a TFlash 290. way too stiff but surprisingly good control for a lightweight racquet. i typically prefer head light and about 11.5 to 12.0 ounce racquets. i think the TFight 320 is in the wheelhouse. pretty impressed with the quality of technifibre racquets. they look well made.

If you can get a hold of a 325, you may never return it! ;)

LPShanet
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Just curious. What does is "older"? I am 55, have a long and fast stroke with plenty of power, and find the 325 and 335 just right. I like the i.Prestige mid and Prince NXG mid also. I think feel, confidence, control and consistancy are the main factors. Why would an "older" person want to tear up their arm with one of those nasty very head heavy and stiff, say Prince Thundersticks or something like that? I guess when I am 80 I will need some help but right now I am quite happy! ;) I also think level is not as revelant as advertised because lower level players need control and consistancy more than anything else. They certainly aren't going to get that from a power racquet.

I absolutely agree with you on all counts, but was speaking from a marketing target perspective. That's how the companies tend to define the different categories. If only more players knew the benefits of heavier, more flexible racquets.

rletizia
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM
... If only more players knew the benefits of heavier, more flexible racquets.

Shhhhhh ... don't tell them. They might start beating me more. ;)