PDA

View Full Version : Q for Chris

ps60
10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Chris

u've got so many 16x19 A200, (after u swear to use the A300 for a long time :D) How 'd U comment on the A200. or have U already make it somewhere ?

VikingSamurai
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, I didn't mind the AG300, but it was too light, and a little too powerful for my strokes.. I am currently using the AG200 16x19 because it was a little heavier, and of all things, the head shape was a little more appealing.. But in saying that I am now looking at going back to a full on heavy player frame, because after this year of trying to find lighter more powerful frames, I have for the first time started to get soreness in my elbow. Can only be due to swinging light frames with my big wind up.. As you know, I am desperate in trading one of my AG200 16x19's for an AG100, and I want to lead that thing up like a prison, and see how she goes.. I am also looking at trying a few Prestige's, and am actually looking forward to seeing the new MG Prestige when it comes out..

ps60
10-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Why don't U lead up yr A200 like prison ? Do U think it can't do sth that the A100 can ? i found they swing very similarly, and wt also very similar !

In particular, what's the problem with A200 you found ?

VikingSamurai
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Just the lightness of the frame.. I just wanted to go with a frame that already had the heft that I am looking for.. I have a big swing, and just find that I nearly put my arm out when I swing the AG200. I understand the AG100 is about the same weight, but I just find it would be a more compact frame to work from.. Dont get me wrong. AG200 is a great frame, I just like to try different things and so would like to get myself an AG100 to play around with.. I am in the process of getting my hands on an LM Prestige mid, and so will give that a run as-well..

ps60
10-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks Chris

BTW, LM Prestige Mid is kind of like a dead log, very heavy but doesn't swing right. FXP Prestige mid feels better in swing, but i don't have a chance to really hit the balls with them.

0d1n
10-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Well, I didn't mind the AG300, but it was too light, and a little too powerful for my strokes.. I am currently using the AG200 16x19 because it was a little heavier, and of all things, the head shape was a little more appealing.. But in saying that I am now looking at going back to a full on heavy player frame, because after this year of trying to find lighter more powerful frames, I have for the first time started to get soreness in my elbow. Can only be due to swinging light frames with my big wind up.. As you know, I am desperate in trading one of my AG200 16x19's for an AG100, and I want to lead that thing up like a prison, and see how she goes.. I am also looking at trying a few Prestige's, and am actually looking forward to seeing the new MG Prestige when it comes out..

IMO your elbow issues are most likely caused by the experimenting you've done lately (different rackets with different setups ... etc). The 200 16x19 is a pretty comfortable frame with an elastic string (synth gut or multi). I even played it with a SPPP/Gosen synth hybrid and that was OK as well.
I usually get elbow "twinges" when I switch around a lot during hitting sessions (playing 3 completely different frames in a 2 hour session will most likely do that to me). It has happened to me with some of the most arm friendly frames around, but once I stopped demoing and played one model all the time it's all nice and comfy again. ;) I think it's your body adjusting that can do that to you, changing frames or experimenting with setups can lead to noticeably more miss-timed shots which in turn can lead to elbow issues.
Also, lets say your strokes are grooved to a particular weight/balance/swing weight, and you change to a frame that's a bit lighter and different balance/swing weight. You will NOT get the same results with the same swing (results you've come to expect being used to something else). This can lead to over swinging and over hitting until your body/swing mechanics are adjusted. Over swinging can lead to elbow issues as well.
Just a couple of random thoughts ;).

VikingSamurai
10-25-2007, 04:17 AM
0d1n, I cant find fault with what you are saying.. In all honesty, I am starting to believe that I should have just stayed with my player frames and let things be..

I will say however, if I hadn't gone on my pilgrimage for the last year or so, then I would have been stuck in the world of Wilson, and would never have seen the bigger world of tennis frames out there..

If you had asked me a year ago would I be using a Dunlop or even now a Head frame, I would have said that I am happy with my PS85's, N-90's, and K-90's. But here I am a year later having tried Prince, Dunlop, and now a Head frame..

I think from the experience that maybe I should have always stayed with my heavy player frame mids, but just tried something other than Wilson or Puma.. :)

keithchircop
10-25-2007, 04:41 AM
In all honesty, I am starting to believe that I should have just stayed with my player frames and let things be..

If you had asked me a year ago would I be using a Dunlop or even now a Head frame, I would have said that I am happy with my PS85's, N-90's, and K-90's. But here I am a year later having tried Prince, Dunlop, and now a Head frame..

I think from the experience that maybe I should have always stayed with my heavy player frame mids

Chris,
If I were to guess why all this confusion started a year ago, I'd look beneath your avatar for a clue. "Member since Dec 2006". Did you let this board get to you? Did you let this neverending banter of how "you can't play well with mids! i won't let you! gimme that k90! gimme it now! it's confiscated!" mess with your head?

tarie
10-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Chris I don't understand why you don't put some lead tape on the ag200.
I'm switching to that frame from my I.Prestige mid,and I thing Ag200 is a great frame already in stock form,but probably with time I will put some gramm on it.