PDA

View Full Version : Really need a specific answer, will be greatly appreaciated. Lead and nTour-Two

Pr0DiGy
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
So I've been feeling that my nTour-Two lacks weight behind its shots. Shots are a little too spinny and not heavy enough. Where should I add lead to make my shots heavier?

Thanks for any suggestions.

LPShanet
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
So I've been feeling that my nTour-Two lacks weight behind its shots. Shots are a little too spinny and not heavy enough. Where should I add lead to make my shots heavier?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sounds like a classic case of needing weight in the head. I'd start with some lead at 3 and 9 o'clock...that'll be the most stable and a great starting point. If things still feel too spinny/light, you can either add more lead to the same spot or try moving the weight up to 10 and 2.

Pr0DiGy
10-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Sounds good. However, I also want to make the balance more head-light, which means I'll be adding a decent amount of lead. 11-11.5 ounces sounds like what I'm looking for, so if you could give me a few numbers and locations on the racket to work with, I'd appreciate it.

Pr0DiGy
10-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Anyone else?

LPShanet
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Sounds good. However, I also want to make the balance more head-light, which means I'll be adding a decent amount of lead. 11-11.5 ounces sounds like what I'm looking for, so if you could give me a few numbers and locations on the racket to work with, I'd appreciate it.

The best way to do this is to use the USRSA's online Racquet Customizer or Racquet Optimizer. There are so many options here that it would be hard to discuss them in the string. Those tools will allow you to control all aspects and experiment in a smart way. One note: make sure you measure the actual weight, balance and swingweight of YOUR frame. They differ from the manufacturers published specs more than you think.

d wayne
10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Try adding just a little bit of lead in the throat of the racquet. I have done this with my mFil 300's and it provides a more solid feel without adding much swingweight, keeping the balance on the head-light side. If you don't like it, you can easily remove the lead and place it elsewhere.