PDA

View Full Version : Which of these Oversize racquets would you recommend

SamSung
10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm considering doing a bit of an experiment and trying out an oversize racquet for a short while. So Ive picked a few OS racquets that fit my weight range (under 12oz) and can all be had for a very low price. I can't demo any of them in advance so it'd be good to hear which one or ones people think offer the best bang for the buck.

If its any value, Im an all-court player who competes mostly in doubles and rates as a 4.0.

lilxjohnyy
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
why dont u play with POG OS ??

Doc Hollidae
10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
why dont u play with POG OS ??

He wants under 12 oz.

To the OP. Go with the nblade with the TT Warrior being a close second. I'd also check out the modern Radical line. Probably the best OS line out there for tweeners.

meowmix
10-23-2007, 04:59 PM
I would strongly recomend against the TT Scream. If you're 4.0, the scream is going to spray your balls everywhere.

Also, why don't you try the Radicals. The LM is 75 and the limited is 100

SamSung
10-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't like the Head Radical oversize racquets. That's why I didn't add them to the list.
I loved the POG OS but it is heavier than I want. That's why I didn't add it to the list.

Doc Hollidae,

The only thing I wasn't sure about with the nBlade OS is the tight string pattern and the higher swingweight. Everyone raves about the Warrior OS, why do you put the nBlade OS before it?

radical tourist
10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
nBlade OS is a great stick. Much different than a Scream and your other candidates. You could also try the Pro Kennex Ki-15 PSE. Everything else in the OS category, other than the POG, is not so hot. Unless you go to older frames like the 98 Radical OS.

skraggle
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Sam-

Check the threads for lead mods on the Warrior TT OS. I think gmslam did a nice breakdown on how to setup these sticks. (I have 5 of them myself.)

haerdalis
10-23-2007, 11:36 PM
There is the gamma ipex 7 OS aswell. Cheap and sub 12 oz. It is like a lighter flexier POG but with much less stability.
The best OS I have tried is the Kneissl Black star, but it is 149. Money well spent though.

keithchircop
10-24-2007, 03:51 AM
I keep hearing good things about the nBlade OS. Tried the Microgel Radical OS and it surprised me - much better than I expected.

Doc Hollidae
10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't like the Head Radical oversize racquets. That's why I didn't add them to the list.
I loved the POG OS but it is heavier than I want. That's why I didn't add it to the list.

Doc Hollidae,

The only thing I wasn't sure about with the nBlade OS is the tight string pattern and the higher swingweight. Everyone raves about the Warrior OS, why do you put the nBlade OS before it?

The Warrior is a pretty light racket and also an open pattern. The nblade has a litte more weight to it and a closed pattern. You said you mostly play doubles, so I feel that the nblade would be better suited for primarily doubles play. Also the Warrior's stability and feel isn't as solid.