PDA

View Full Version : Slice?

Eph
10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
A lot of times when I'm in the boxes, I slice from the ground up, and place it in the opposite side to grab a point, esp. when my opponent is at the baseline. What type of shot is this. Do a lot of people do it?

I can also slice it back so it goes up the line closest to me, but it's trickier.

I've done it a few times at the baseline but haven't been able to put much power behind it.

Any thoughts?

Rickson
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
A lot of times when I'm in the boxes, I slice from the ground up, and place it in the opposite side to grab a point, esp. when my opponent is at the baseline. What type of shot is this. Do a lot of people do it?

I can also slice it back so it goes up the line closest to me, but it's trickier.

I've done it a few times at the baseline but haven't been able to put much power behind it.

Any thoughts?

I do it all the time via the forehand inside out slice. The crazy spin it gives to the opponent's left side drives him crazy. I wouldn't do it from the baseline because that's more like a squash shot, but when you're inside the baseline, it's a great weapon to have in your arsenal.

Eph
10-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah, it seems very effective. Yesterday I used it a lot, didn't lose one point when playing the net and won the two sets we played. It doesn't work as well on larger racquets, though, I noticed. For example, on a large oversize racquet, you can't do it. On the KSix1 90, it works wonderfully. Now if I could only get overhead slams down and get my 1st serve percentage over 50%, I would be decent...