PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for demo – player’s racquets

sam.gold
10-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I am 25, I play 4-5 times a week, mostly on clay. I am an aggressive baseliner with double handed backhand , I play with a lot of spin, almost too much on the forehand side, I have a pretty good kick serve, decent flat serve, I move to the net mostly only to finish off points but I enjoy volleying a lot in doubles.
My previous rackets were Head FXP Radical Tours, I really liked the big sweetspot, comfort and ball pocketing, they were fantastic from the baseline, good pop, stability a control during heavy hitting, the swingweight felt just about right on the groundstrokes. On the other hand I had hard time serving, I couldn’t get the pace or the kick I was able to create with other racquets, so I couldn’t start the points confidently enough on my serve and create an early advantage. Another downside – SPPP 1.28 lasted about 3.5 hours on clay.
In the last weeks I playtested:
nSixOne 95 16x18 – fantastic serves, but overall felt too stiff ( I couldn’t believe it was 65RA ) and I felt like the sweetspot was more towards the lower part of the head, also it swung a bit heavy for me, I definitely felt like I needed a bit lighter swinging racquet
Head Extreme Pro – I couldn’t find my shots with this stick, I did not like the weight distribution and balance and it was very stiff, my elbow started to hurt
Fischer M Speed Pro 1 SL – very low swingweight, felt like in the 310-315 range, IMO not stable enough, I also wished for more power ( it WAS strung very low )
Head LM Prestige MP – Loved the swingweight on this one, nice plush feel, good power and control combo, I wish it had an open string pattern, I could get the spin, but I missed the bite of a racquet with an open string pattern
Prince O3 tour MP – great sweetspot and comfort, fantastic spin, but overall a bit light, more power would be great, especially on flat serves…
That leads me to the conclusion that I need a racket which swings similar to FXP Radical Tour or LM Prestige MP, so somewhere around 325 SW with similar static weight (I don’t like too much lead on my racquets), open string pattern, good power – I play with lots of spin and need extra power to keep my shots long, great spin capability, decent sweetspot for clay (and exdendingmore towards upper hoop would be perfect ) and the racquet should not feel very stiff…Any experience and suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

Glorious
10-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Give the k6.1 tour 90 a shot.

-Mark

keithchircop
10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Pro Kennex Ki 5
Head Size: 100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11.8oz / 335g
Balance: 7pts Head Light
Swingweight: 325
Stiffness: 61
Beam Width: 22mm Straight Beam
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 20 Crosses

Demo it.

TRiBaL
10-23-2007, 11:55 PM
WOW your just like me. I am in same spot you are in. I thought about demoing all those rackets you said and I feel same way you do about elbow sores from heavy sw stiffness, and im also looking for all court racket. I thought theksixone 95 was great racket but ya it hurt my arm. So if nsixone 95 was heavy and stiff then ya your not gonna like ksixone95 lol. Ya man I was thinking of buying these rackets.

MG prestige

LM prestige

FXP prestige

MG radical pro

nsix-one95

Now I am almost the same as you.

I like swing weights around 220 - 330, stiffness around 60 - 65, 11.6 oz - 12 oz weight rackets. so ya basiclly everything middle wise.

I'm thinking of going with the LM prestige tho most of all. Do you find it to be better then flexpoint by comfort wise. I probably could Adjust to the 18x20 pattern.

TRiBaL
10-23-2007, 11:57 PM
And also I have demo alot rackets, but I didnt like aerogel 300, maybe 200 would be cool. But ya that blow ***, also I found Head, Prince to have best comfort i felt in all brands of rackets i try out of bab prince head wilson dunlop.

Wilson makes good comfort rackets that are for the baseliners it seems. I didn't like the feel of their all court rackets.

TRiBaL
10-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Since your a clay court player if I were you. I would go for the Pure Storm Tour. Give that a shot big time!

fuzz nation
10-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds like the Prince O3 Hybrid Tour would offer the improvements over the O3 Tour mp that you tried. I also think of that frame (the Hybrid Tour) as a lean version of my old Prostaff 6.1's, so you might like it over the Wilson demos, too.

In terms of swingweight and stiffness, you might also like the Volkl C10 Pro as an alternative to the n6.1 95. It's quite nice for strokes and serves, but I think it gives up just a little authority around the net in comparison to the Wilson, since the Volkl has a little softer hoop.

I completely agree with your take on the Fischer and I'm just starting some experiments with some 3 and 9 o'clock lead on the hoop to steady it up. No road tests yet, but I'm optimistic.

HeadPrestige
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I would look at the Yonex RDS 001 MP or Mid, pure storm tour, flexpoint prestige MP, or wilson ps 6.0 95

soggyramen
10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Since your a clay court player if I were you. I would go for the Pure Storm Tour. Give that a shot big time!

wtf how does being a clay court player make a difference...that makes no sense...

jaZZirat
10-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Tfight 335

TRiBaL
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
wtf how does being a clay court player make a difference...that makes no sense...

Why must you always acting stubborn? The reason people say babs are for clay court players because of string patterns.

Use common sense you will know why its good racket for clay court players. You need to generate alot spin on clay courts. Have you ever play on a clay court before?

Now if you have problem with my opinon, I don't know what to say but that my advice and thats what I expierence when playing on clay.