PDA

View Full Version : Will the racket affect if cutting grip smaller?

Thu1972
10-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi,

My friend used a 1/2 but little big bigger for him. He then unwrapped the replacement grip and cut each bevels to 3/8 size. As I know the racket
will be lighter. Will this affect the performance, stability, maneuverability of it?

E.g the 3/8 and 1/2 have different handle size but have the same weight. What is adding in order they both have the same weight? Then where ?

anirut
10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi,

My friend used a 1/2 but little big bigger for him. He then unwrapped the replacement grip and cut each bevels to 3/8 size. As I know the racket
will be lighter. Will this affect the performance, stability, maneuverability of it?

E.g the 3/8 and 1/2 have different handle size but have the same weight. What is adding in order they both have the same weight? Then where ?

Since you've removed weight from the handle, you've got to add weight back to the handle.

And how much weight to add to maintain the same balance? Just add back the equal amount of weight you removed. Isn't it that easy? But add it ALONG the whole handle length to maintain balance. If you add just one lump of weight somewhere, then, of course, the balance will get messed up.

Now, will changing grip size affect so and so? I'd say yes, as I have done it myself, as the balance & swing weight will be changed. You will have to re-adjust your racket to find your preferred playing characteristics. And this takes time (and intelligence).